What should I buy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flux Five EQ vs. Audio Interface

• Flux Five EQ

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Audio Interface

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Vertical 2x12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

knotts

Reaction score
I won $400 and I'm looking to buy a new toy. I had planned to buy a flux five (flux drive with EQ) with the winnings, but I wanted to get some other thoughts on where the money may be better spent. Here is what I'm thinking.

I play the guitar, bass and keys and have no recording equipment. I just never got into it which is odd because I'm highly proficient with computers. I was thinking maybe I would be better served getting a focusrite interface or something comparable. I can do PC or Mac. I am also open to other suggestions. I'd be willing to chip in a few extra bucks if needed. I'm also adding in a Mesa 2x12 vertical recto cab as an option as I just came across one on Craigslist for $300. Why not throw it out there as an option.

I leave the vote to the forum as your insight is appreciated.

I would go with the interface. Only real downside is that if you really get into recording, you'll want more gear to record with. :mrgreen:

Playing your instrument in your room/den/basement/ or garage is great, but the gratification of listening to your own recordings is amazing on it's own especially if you make them!

My first thought was vertical 2x12. I love mine, and equipment comes and goes, but that one stays.

But based on your interest in recording, you might consider an Apogee Duet. I love mine, and using that and Garage Band on my mac has been awesome for recording.

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards the recording route. Thanks for the input guys.

FYI, the Duet 2 is pricey, but there are used original Duets available. I picked one up a couple years ago for about $250. It didn't work well with snow leopard, but I could get it to go with some work on the driver. Works perfectly well with mountain lion, I think they updated the driver. Super clean, easy to use, interfaces with Garage Band well.

Latest posts

Back