fair price for IIc+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamouzis

Reaction score
anyone know what the current going rate for a original IIc+, 100w, reverb, NO Eq, not simul-class is?
im thinking of picking one up, and its on the market for $2300.

Markedman said:
$2,300.00 is too much, I would offer 1,250 tops myself. A IIC+ with GEQ, Reverb, simul-class just sold on this site for $1,550, $2,300 is way too much.

I would ignore this for several reasons --- that "fair price" is itself totally relative --- do you mean "good value" or "lowest possible price" compared to a "high price" or "unusually high" price -- or "middle price" or "average price"?

Here's the bottom line: There are a finite -- finite being a definite and limited number of IIC+'s out there. They can be counted. If you want to buy one you might be able to find one for sale - you might wait years (or days) to find what you are looking for. Equally - you only have a finite number of days on this planet --- and every day you don't have one of these in your possession is a day that you will never have one in your possession - a day you'll never get back.

Assuming you want to keep it forever (and lets say you are 40 years old) -- How many good years of playing do you have left? How are your hands? Your work and family commitments? What's your current financial situation with respect to cash outlay? How are those creative juices flowing? You got any good songs left in you? These questions are important because the clock is ticking and with each tick there's one less "day" you'll have with your boogie.

The only questions you should ask yourself are: Do I really want this amp -- specifically this amp? Am I prepared to pay the price being asked? What are the opportunity costs of this purchase as it relates to other purchases I may want to make (or could make) as well -- what will make me most happy? Am I prepared to Not have this amp at this time at this price and wait -- hoping to acquire either this amp (or similar) at a different price at some point in the future?

As for this specific amp -- we don't know if it's a head only or a combo -- we don't know if it's in an original enclosure - had work - is beat to hell -- how it sounds.... How can you expect us to have much of an opinion on price? Is it a HW combo with an EVM black shadow in great condition?

Don't let us tell you what it's worth -- we can only tell you what it's worth to us and very generally what it might be worth compared with respect to some very limited market data (we don't have enough data to even make those judgements).

If it floats your boat -- grab it and don't look back -- or wait for another boat at a different ticket price. -- Just remember the clock is ticking.

Take this for what it is worth.... but as someone who CONSTANTLY has had an eye on boogie used priced since the mid 2000's.
TRUE production mark IIC+'s (i.e not, c's or the few dozen b'S that were coverted by mike b, after they initially left the factory, even though tonally, they are said to be identical by mike b himself) sell anywhere from 2500-4000 depending on their options. that number dips if it doesn't have the 5 band. if you have a 105 tranny, eq, rev, factory c+, in nice shape, its not unreasonable to expect 3k, maybe more for it these days. I've seen it happen plenty of times, especially to international bidders. hardwoods or export trannys bring in 3500-4k if you know how to market it correctly.

As far as whether or not those prices are justified seems to depend on whether or not you own one. I know that when i have one around (i'm sitting on one now, and i've owned 6 or 7 in the past) "its the best amp money can buy, pure magic, tonal bliss unmatched by anything, worth every penny and probably more, blah blah blah". When i don't have one around, my attitude changes into "eh, a mark IVa, gets you just as close for a 3rd of the coin". :lol:

by the way, the $1550 c+ was a 60 watt c modded to c+, and while that is still an *** kicking amp that will make any gear head cum their pants, its still not a PRODUCTION c+, and whether you think it is right or not, the modded ones always go for 5 or 6 hundred less. i think mainly because its not a cheap mod to have done. plus that seller, seemed quite motivated to sell for whatever reason. the price seemed to drop on that one daily until it sold.

Good points both you, thanks for the response, and sorry for not providing more info. it was a head, in visibly good condition, very clean, dont know what the guts look like though.

I would ignore this for several reasons
O.K. let's see, that IIC+ on eBay sold for a little over $2k. Real C upgraded, it has Simul-class, reverb and GEQ. I'd say $1,550 - $ 2,000 for those two recent sales has set the price I will be paying very soon. I sold my Mark IV for 1250 last week and my IIB yesterday for 1800, all cashed up and ready.

akamouzis said:
anyone know what the current going rate for a original IIc+, 100w, reverb, NO Eq, not simul-class is?

I have a 60 watt head with reverb, no EQ. I'd sell it for $1500.

akamouzis said:

I'd sell ya mine for half that. Seriously! Only difference, mine is a 60 watt head with reverb, no eq.

akamouzis said:

Something tells me your interest was only fleeting.

Back