Triaxis / Rackgear in Videogames

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bibo

Reaction score
I am a Musician and Computergames player and something funny happened just a couple of days ago. I was playing the Playstation 3 Version of "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2" when i stumbled about some majorly
intresting background graphics in the game. After playing maybe 15 minutes you come into a room where you can see two racks on a table. Being a musician and owning lots of Rackgear i immediatly recognised the
TRIAXIS and the EVENTIDE GTR4000 being mounted in there! Isn't that funny!? Strange enough they mounted 4 Triaxis Preamps into one Rack, lol. I took a screencapture and attached the picture below this message,
so you can enjoy it as well. Maybe you can recognise the other gear? I think in the right rack there are two DBX166A COMPRESSOR AND GATE machines too. The other stuff maybe are Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switchers !?
Ok, here is the pic:

getscreencaptureimages.jpg

PS: No, i didnt shoot the racks! I NEVER would do that! :)

Also Formula Preamps and Mark IV rackmount heads on the left and dbx compressor/gates on the right.

Digital modeling never sounded so good!

LOL...THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!

and yes...NEVER shoot the racks...LOVE the racks!

Thanks for sharing, at least some programmer of these games knows about TONE!!!

Now put the controller down and practice your arpeggios! :lol:

Hey time to revive this old thread. You remember, back in May/2013 i wrote about Rackgear in Videogames. Today, Feb/2014, i found another Game that has musical rackgear as background graphics. It is BEYOND TWO SOULS for the Playstation 3. I just playing it, i am around three hours into the game where i entered a room with huge racks all over. As i like to inspect those i took a closer look and recognised an older EVENTIDE ULTRA HARMONIZER and the legendary TC2290 DYNAMIC DIGITAL DELAY. Both units have been edited a bit by the graphic programmers, but they are still very recognisable. Sadly this time i cant show any Screenshots, but funny fact anyways. If youre an Video Game Player besides your passion of making music, you definatly should check out Beyond Two Souls for your PS3! Greetings, till next time!!

EDIT: I tried to do a picture:

ddiuDMA.jpg

Time for an update, lol. I continued playing through my Console Games Library and found another Game that (ab-)uses musical rack gear for background graphics purposes.
This time its the Xbox 360 Version of WatchDogs, a critically acclaimed stealth/action game. Around 20 minutes in the Game i found a rack in my hideout house that obviously has
an older EVENTIDE ULTRA HARMONIZER mounted. Hey, this comes handy :) being an guitar player. I cant recognise the other gear. Maybe some of you might help out this time??
Ok, here two pics:

8LSWaOl.jpg

IS0ZzMg.jpg

Back