Getting sweet tone from my DC-5 & OCD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jargapix

Reaction score
So, I had a week of frustration dialing in a nice midtone full crunch with less bass flub on my DC-5 combo. I picked up an OCD and have been pretty happy with the liveliness it brings to the amp. I run it through the lead channel with about 55% volume, 25% gain & 60% tone. I feel like it adds a bit if punch while keeping the low end and tightening up the overall sound. It also works great when driven hard on the clean channel. Gives a nice overdriven crunch which is a tad different than the warm crunch the MB gives. It's almost like having a 4th channel. I really dig this amp.

Here are my settings.

p132225905-3.jpg

p602669462-3.jpg

MY local GC has a used OCD for $50.
I have been toying with a boost for a different flavor on the channels but my TS-9 and BD just dont gel with the Boogie like I want.
No big deal as I love the DC5's voicing primarily anyways.

I see you made your way here too, Jarga. Welcome!
You should try running the amp without the "choker" on it.

I run mine in the clean channel, gain on 10, vol on 4.
Makes a great platform for all my dirt pedals.
I run the gain channel w/gain on 2.5, vol on 3.
Master volume is @ 1.5 for practice, 2 for gigs.

I'm the loudest guy in the band.... :lol:

I was excited to see this posting.I have been debating an ocd pedal all weekend....now i'm going to jump on it!
I already have a spark booster and a bb preamp. I've heard the ocd is an awesome addition. thanks!

Back