Hammett & Hetfield's Rig Pix from Australia Nov 2010!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just on the phone a few days ago with Mike B and John Marshall at Mesa Boogie asking the very question about this Triaxis mods. They wouldnt tell me his mod and said with respect to James we can't tell you, but o did get out of John was it is a very simple mod resistor and capacitor changes no rewiring or major work.
Just a few tweaks to the preamp he says. I am guessing at that it's the same mods done to a Mark IIC+ to make it a Mark IIC++ HET. Very nice guys to speak to think they would have spoke to me all day if they had time.

The reason his Triaxis Dynamic Voicing set to zero and his effect volume knobs set at full is because the signal comes out of the effects loop and then onto his custom eq unit, which I found out from Mike Fortin is stuidio quad pre amp with a new face plate and only the eq circuits used. It was built by his techs. It all standard Mesa parts no mods so you can build your own.
Stu

This is the back of James's rack, here you can see that his Triaxis used for his clean sound is using one of the two outputs for his signal and the next one down is his heavy tone Triaxis where the output bring used is the send from the effects loop. I have a Triaxis and a 2:90 power amp so I know the connections on the back well.
From look at schematics of the Mesa Mark IIC+ eq is after the preamp stage like the effects loop, so that is why James has his output for his heavy tone the effect send.

Back