OH NO! The ED is discontinued. Bye-bye …

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I DID in fact do the research and did buy a dedicated footswitch from Switch Doctor for that purpose. BOOM lol

I was just sayin that they might as well have built it into the ED footswitch because I use that almost 100% of the time, and almost never use the reverb-defeat mode.
Maybe others like it and use it all the time, but those specs were my dream amp specifically. :mrgreen:

Reverb-defeat was still a cool idea tho, actually never seen that before the ED

I agree that would have been a nice addition to the factory switch. And I think it was very poorly documented. However, I never use built in reverb anyway. I get so much more variety with rack effects - different reverbs for different songs, moods, etc.

On the bright side , I'm hoping the schematic will apear soon so we can see what's going on inside without having to do a reverse engineer job.

Sad they discontinued the amp. After purchasing a second one recently I am asking myself why the hell did I sell it in the first place.

Assumer said:
Sad they discontinued the amp. After purchasing a second one recently I am asking myself why the hell did I sell it in the first place.

Yes, this. I obsessed over the amp for over a year and eventually just went and bought the **** thing. And my playing has improved the most it has in years since I got it!!!

Please, if you guys see me selling this amp, please drive to my home and beat me senseless.

YellowJacket said:
Assumer said:

Yes, this. I obsessed over the amp for over a year and eventually just went and bought the **** thing. And my playing has improved the most it has in years since I got it!!!

+1

I, too obsessed for a year before I took the plunge. Best decision I ever made for an amp!

jnoel64 said:
YellowJacket said:
Assumer said:

+1

I, too obsessed for a year before I took the plunge. Best decision I ever made for an amp!

Agreed. After playing today, it's just such a joy to play. It makes practicing / improving on guitar an absolute priority. I seriously endeavor to improve each day just so that I can extract the maximum amount of musicality out of this thing.

Sadly, I doubt there will ever be another Electra Dyne, everyone seems to like them, especially the people at Mesa, they just didn't sell enough to justify keeping the line going. Since they didn't make money on them the first go round, I doubt any one would take the risk on losing money on a revision.

Sadly the bottom line is always the profit but that's business. From a musician's standpoint they should give it another shot. Like several above I waited and debated. In the end I bought, probably paid more than if I waited longer, but my gut feeling knew I'd regret it if I didn't get one, I've had that happen to often before, and have to say it is one of the best sounding amps I have ever owned. Like my Fuchs head, this is a keeper.
That said, I want to echo the hope that the schematic does surface sometime. I keep my own amps going for the most part so anyone gets a link to when they release it I'm sure it'll show up here first...

Reilly88

Yup, it's an unbelievable amp with a whole other level of 'soul' to it. I can't imagine gigging without it and I'm really glad I got one before it went the way of the buffalo.

guitarrhinoceros said:
Just throwing this interesting tidbit I received from Mesa Hollywood -- stating that the ED is discontinued and that their EDs will all be on clearance. Are any on you surprised by this?

So how much more life does the Royal Atlantic have? I can see that amp getting the axe in maybe another year or so. It didn't catch on at all, Marshall guys are not switching over to Mesa.

Who knows? No matter how much Mesa tries to expand their market, their brand sticks and people buy Marks and Rectos. Any player not into High Gain generally shy away from Mesa. I know my guitar tech hates their amps with a passion as he similarly disdains more modern guitars. He'd never say they're bad amps but that's not his thing. See, trying to sell someone like him on an Electra Dyne or Royal Atlantic shouldn't be difficult, if you can get him to plug into the thing in the first place. In my opinion, I still believe branding to be the reason that the Electra Dyne didn't catch on. If Fender or Marshall had have released it, it would have sold like hotcakes I think.

danyeo1 said:
guitarrhinoceros said:
Just throwing this interesting tidbit I received from Mesa Hollywood -- stating that the ED is discontinued and that their EDs will all be on clearance. Are any on you surprised by this?

So how much more life does the Royal Atlantic have? I can see that amp getting the axe in maybe another year or so. It didn't catch on at all, Marshall guys are not switching over to Mesa.

And the Royal Atlantic is done. Bye Bye.

Really? Where did you hear that? I'm shocked.

More to the point of the thread, I am finding that the more I look at amps, the more I find that just about every amp out there is some sort of "hot-rod" Marshall. Bogner, Soldano, et. al. Not so much Engl or Diezel, but to a degree. Even Marshall makes hot-rodded Marshalls now :roll:

I think it's not even so much about Marshall guys not liking Mesa, I think it's that there is so much competition in that space.

The testament to Mesa's success is that others makers have gone after the rectifier market.

Back