Can a G Major 2 be used in 2 loops? Mark IV and V in stereo.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

Reaction score
Let's say I have 2 standalone combo amps, Mark IV and V, each with a series FX loop. The G Major 2 has a Left send/return and a Right send/return. Can I run amp IV to the left side of the G Major and amp V to the right side and get a stereo setup?

I know people run stereo with stereo poweramps but wasn't sure if I could do the same using 2 combo amps. I don't want to slave anything, I want both amps to use their preamps/poweramps.

domct203 said:
I don't see why not. Just check for the usual stuff- ground loop hum, signal phase issues etc.

How do you plan to split the guitar signal into the front end of the 2 amps?

Dom

It's being split with a TC Flashback pedal that has stereo outs into the front of each amp. I have a ground lift on one of the amps to eliminate hum.

Would using both amps FX loops into the G Major result in stereo effects? Would it be dual mono?

With my G Major the Reverb & Delay is stereo for sure, and I believe the modulation block is as well.
This results in a true stereo image. Check your owners manual, it should tell you what effects are stereo.

Dom

Latest posts

Back