noob looking for recto recording/simul-class 2:90 info

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohmer

Reaction score
Noob on board! Just took delivery of my new recto-recording pre amp and simul class 2:90 and so far I love it! Just kind of looking for any tips and tricks as I am new to Boogie. I don't plan on using the recto-recording for much direct recording, just scratch tracks and keeping track of riffs, but I wanted a simple pre-amp that would deliver the live sound I want and it does it well. Thanks for any info!

i have a recto pre as well as a triaxis/2:90

all i can say is that i much prefer the triaxis's mark sounds over the recto sounds. the recto just doesnt seem to have that immediate attacky feel. it feels mushy and sounds like ripping paper to me.

i will say. that with some boost in front of the recto, i can get some ok crunch tones, but cant seem to find a solo tone i like.

-D

I considered the Triaxis, but went with the Recto pre purely for simplicity. In the context of what I play, I need only one extreme gain crunch channel, I rarely play clean, but the clean on the recto pre is impressive and I'm not a soloist, I'd rather kick it with the drummer and bassist and hit the grooves.

After spending the last week with it I'm starting to get more comfortable with it and learn more about it's capabilities and also what it lacks. Since I use a ridiculous amount of gain I added an old Alesis 3630 comp/gate, it works, that's about all I can say other than I'll be upgrading it, lol! I also use 2 completely different cabs so I like to eq them very differently, so I put my old Alesis M-EQ230 to work. Time consuming to tweek, but well worth it. Still not quite satisfied I added my trusty Aphex 104 just before the simul-class and a Maxon OD808 just before the pre and the sound is phenominal for what I play.

I should add that while I'm working on this I have the pre on modern and the simul-class on modern, once I figured out that you could stack the deep mode on top of the modern, holy crap! There was the fury I was looking for, lol!

While I like the flexibility of my Marshall 9200/Digitech 2120, I'm very satisfied with the switch to Mesa/Boogie.

I used a Recto Pre and 2:100 for a few years. The sound was great but I hated carrying it. If you're going for more of an extreme thing I recommend the EMG-81. Rectos love that pickup. It's bright and tight without a lot of excess noise, which in my opinion reduces the need for gates or overdrives.

Definitely going for an extreme sound :twisted: I just had EMG 707x's put in my LTD 607B and I actually really like the 808's that are in my Ibanez. As for lugging it, it's lighter than my Marshall/Digitech set-up, and definitely lighter than my 2x18 bottom cab. Luckily I have friends that'll help lug stuff around as long as there's beer involved :lol:

I have Recto preamp with 2:50 power amp. I use BB Preamp as a clean boost in a modern mode for a rhythm tone. For a lead sound I use OCD with gain half way and even volume. Of course with nive stereo delay from G-major. That way I get nice lead tone and crushing crunch sound as well. All is controlled with MIDI pedal and Rocktron Patchmate Loop8.

Latest posts

Back