Roadster lag fix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
themightyjay said:
I'm experiencing a lag with switching as well. Unfortunately I don't have the footswitch and use a G-System to change channels.

Is there any way of keeping the reverb switched in or minimising the lag with this set up?

Kind of a late reply... But...

When the foot switch is disconnected the reverb is always on by default.

The lag when using the G-System is most likely from the relays in the G-System. I found that within the G-System some relays were faster than others and experimented using different ones until I achieved the fastest switching.

I have had my Roadster for a little over a month now. I was uncertain why such the big deal on 15 to 30 ms. I was unaware that most of you hare seeing 1 to 5 seconds of delay. That is not good. I have tried to run the amp with the Reverb off, I get only approximately 30ms of switching lag. With the Reverb on, it is much less but the ramp up on the reverb is more annoying. I will have to take watch and see what becomes of this for a longer duration of use. So far I do not have any switching issues like those reported.

So I have a few questions about the pops that people say can be fix by cycling through the channels in stand by mode. I using my roadster with the G System in the 4 cable method with a RJM mini amp gizmo and the Mesa RRN cable. I tried turning my amp on, leaving it in stand by and cycling through the channels using the mini amp gizmo but I still get pops. When I turn on my amp it's in channel one and I cycle through the channels until I'm back at one then I take it out of stand by. Is that what i'm supposed to do? I don't see any difference.

I also notice a bigger pop when going from CH 2,3 or 4 to CH 1. In order to have CH 1 loud enough without it breaking up I'm engaging the solo on that channel. Giving it some additional volume to compete with the other channels. The popping sound is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Back