Holy Canoli!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff3

Reaction score
Wow, spent about a half an hour today with an RA-100 into a recto 2x12 and was absolutely blown away by the tones out of this amp.

I've been looking for something to bridge the gap between my Mark V cleans and my Two-Rock/Egnater gain tones and the RA has exactly that... and even with single coil pickups.

Also got to try all the new pedal line into the amp. Didn't like the high gain one much (can't remember the name) but the other 3 were really great right into the clean channel of the RA. The high gain one was too scooped even with the mids "flat" and the high end was a little bright for me. It's definitely a more modern tone and not what I'm looking for. But it did have plenty of gain and thump factor going on.

So I found a couple of RA's locally and I'll pick one up in the next day or two. Highly recommended.

Another one sees the light :wink:

I've owned my RA for just on a year now. It quickly became my favorite amp and I'd have to say the best amp I have owned.

The RA (and many others Mesa amps) may live in the shadows of the MKV and Recto, but are certainly able to deliver the goods. I'm still on stock tubes and have not had the urge to play around. All I have done is play with a few different speakers. IMO V30s work great, C90s don't and Greenbacks are awesome.

Let us know how you like your new RA once you have settled it in.

After 3 days with it I couldn't be happier. Sounds awesome, takes my pedals well, and dead simple to dial in within seconds... my kind of amp.

Back