Roadster owners -- important service information

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, my local dealer whom I just purchased a Roadster from, emailed it to me, because I had called him about mine due to the posting on the Mesa site...but I did see it posted on HC too!

Monsta-Tone said:
I should be getting my Roadster in a couple of days. If it falls in between these numbers, I'll call Mesa and get the mod.

I think the fact that they are willing to do this shows a lot of integrity. I've had 3 Marshall TSL's and only 1 of them is still working. The other 2 had serious Bias problems that stemmed from poor manufacturing and placing the wrong parts in the amps.

Marshall won't cop to either one. I'll never own a newer Marshall again because of this.

Just placed an order for a Roadster. :wink:

As far as Marshall quality, the only reason I bought a TSL is because I got it from Voodoo Amps directly with a deluxe mod. When researching the amp I read so many horror stories with this amp. They seem to be hit or miss. I knew the guys at Voodoo would make sure everything was in working order. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have taken the gamble.

First just want to say hey. Looking forward to some good advise from this place. Does this recall 001 - 699 include the combos also? I just got a 1x12 combo. 1st tube combo I've ever owned. Was looking at a F50 decided on the roadster. So far it's pretty cool.

francric said:
First just want to say hey. Looking forward to some good advise from this place. Does this recall 001 - 699 include the combos also? I just got a 1x12 combo. 1st tube combo I've ever owned. Don't know if I bit off more than I can chew. Was looking at a F50 decided on the roadster. So far it's pretty cool.

I am almost certain the service notice applies to the combo...check with mesa though.

It does apply to the Combo as well, but it is not a recall. It is simply a Service Bulletin.

It took me longer to pull the chassis out of the amp than it did to add the part.

It should be extremely painless if there is a Mesa Dealer or Service Center near you.

I found out from Pro Audio (the company that imports Mesa's into Australia) that all Roadsters have had the modification done by them upon entering the country. Looks like I'm in the clear.

Ciao ...

I'm sorry to revive such an old thread, but I came across this post when searching about an issue with my Roadster..

Is there anyway to tell if this service has been done to a used amp? I have model VR-000084 that I bought used privately a couple years ago. I wasn't aware of this service notice until now.

I've pulled the amp from the chassis to take a look at the guts, but not sure what I'm looking for in regards to checking if the service mod was ever done by a previous owner or dealer.

the.rev said:
I'm sorry to revive such an old thread, but I came across this post when searching about an issue with my Roadster..

Is there anyway to tell if this service has been done to a used amp? I have model VR-000084 that I bought used privately a couple years ago. I wasn't aware of this service notice until now.

I've pulled the amp from the chassis to take a look at the guts, but not sure what I'm looking for in regards to checking if the service mod was ever done by a previous owner or dealer.
Call Mesa, if it was done by them or a Mesa certified tech, their records should reflect that. They can also send you the service bulletin PDF, so you can check it yourself.

Dom

Back