Can you get the Andy Timmons tone with an Dual Rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingdaisy said:
My point is that his tone is coming from the pedal. He could probably plug it into pretty much anything with a clean channel and get a similar sound.

+1 100%

BRS,

You sound like you would be a proud owner of a Mark V. :D

~Nep~

I saw an old video on Youtube once whereby Timmons played with Dual Rectos. Also don't forget, Timmons did use those Mavericks as well...

Well this thread just talked me into keeping my Roadster and BB Preamp comp and just play with it more.

Not sure if everyone is aware of this but Andy Timmons did not use Mesa Boogies on the Resolution CD, he recorded the whole album with Marshalls. He only uses the Boogies for his live rig.

SonVolt said:
Not sure if everyone is aware of this but Andy Timmons did not use Mesa Boogies on the Resolution CD, he recorded the whole album with Marshalls. He only uses the Boogies for his live rig.

He did use the Lone Stars at the very least AFAIK...

No way. Timmons only used Marshall's for Resolution. The Mesa's came about after the recording. On his latests release (The Beatles' cover album), the Stiletto's made the recording, but not the Lonestars.

guitarrhinoceros said:
No way. Timmons only used Marshall's for Resolution. The Mesa's came about after the recording. On his latests release (The Beatles' cover album), the Stiletto's made the recording, but not the Lonestars.

Interesting. I must have the dates mixed up then. Regardless, I've watched videos of him using Dual Rectifiers for clinics. Sounds like good old Timmons to me... 8)

KH Guitar Freak said:
guitarrhinoceros said:

Interesting. I must have the dates mixed up then. Regardless, I've watched videos of him using Dual Rectifiers for clinics. Sounds like good old Timmons to me... 8)

Agreed. Just shows you how much is really in the fingers.

Back