Possible issue with my Mini Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalgarth

Reaction score
On the red channel, is it normal for there to be slight output even when the Master is set to zero? My Mini Rec is doing this and so is another one at a local store.

Seems weird but if this is normal then there's nothing wrong with either amp.

elvis said:
I would guess normal. There is signal bleed around most parts of the circuit via the tubes.

Does your Mini Rectifier do the same thing?

I talked to Richard Duval(sp?) at Mesa and he says this is normal. It still seems weird to me.

In most Mesa amps, the Master is before the loop, so it is really more of an FX send level control, not an output master.

Again, in most amps, there is signal bleed around the FX loop because each preamp tube is actually two amplifiers. There is almost always a tube that uses one channel (A) before the loop, and the second channel (B) after the loop. There is crosstalk inside the tube, both mechanically and electrically. So you get signal bled around the loop, and it is not attenuated by the master because the master is pre-loop.

This causes problems when you use digital effects in the loop, because you need to have a 100% series loop, and the signal bleed makes even a series loop just a little bit parallel. The problem is most troublesome when running low volume, because the signal bleed is more obvious then. It gets totally swamped at high volume.

Hope that helps.

metalgarth said:
On the red channel, is it normal for there to be slight output even when the Master is set to zero? My Mini Rec is doing this and so is another one at a local store.

Seems weird but if this is normal then there's nothing wrong with either amp.

Yes every Recto I've owned has done this even with Master at Zero. It's normal.

Latest posts

Back