Best Current EL34's?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R_ADKINS80 said:
Rich at Mesa told me they were the Sovtek tube.

I just wonder if they didn't change over to the EH at some point, especially since it seems the wxt isn't available anymore. I checked the couple of spare 447s I have in the shop right now and I have two different tubes. The build is similar, and both are definitely from the Reflector plant, but they aren't exactly the same. One is marked "GRN" and has the smaller getter like I've seen on the wxt, the other is marked "GRY" and has the larger getter like I've seen on EHs.

I guess I better check with Rich or Shawn this week and see what the current tube is. I'd hate to be telling my customers to use the Mesa tube if they want the EH, only to find out it's really the wxt! :)

I currently have Svetlana EL34's in my Triple that I think are on their last legs. They used to be crunchy as hell and quite aggressive.

I might retube with these again but I was wondering if anyone else used them and if they can compare them to Tung Sol, EH and Winged "C" EL34's
Any verdict on JJ E34L's, (not EL34's) ? I'm basically looking for the most aggressive 34's.

The most Aggressive el34 vote, for me, definitely goes to either the EH or the JJ el34L. With the JJ bei g just a bit darker, to my ears. Just depends on the mood I'm after. Both slay in a rectifier.

I was recommended the ruby el34stbr and they kill it in a stiletto, very aggressive, they don't break up as loosely as the stock Mesa 447's that where in there, but that could be a bias thing I think.

Did you come to any conclusions??

Latest posts

Back