Creating a DC Register for Serial# Dating

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The serial # isn't that hard to find. You shouldn't even need to take it apart. You've gotta assume
someone removed it and there's only one reason for that. Did you buy it new or used from GC? Unless it
was new it could very well be stolen.

If you get a chance, take a picture of the underside of the amp, so the panel under the
loop controls are clearly visable. We should be able to see it if its there.

Original owner, DC-3, ordered late 95, picked up February 1996.
#DC3-01503 in burgundy taurus with tan grill cloth.
Purchased from Metro Music in Montgomery AL (now only in Dothan, AL).

hope this helps,

Bill

Hey!
Some months ago I bought a DC-3 used here in Brazil in MINT condition.
His serial is DC3-03801, but i dont know the year that he was made. someone could tell me that?
Thx.

Erotomania said:
Hey!
Some months ago I bought a DC-3 used here in Brazil in MINT condition.
His serial is DC3-03801, but i dont know the year that he was made. someone could tell me that?
Thx.

Call Mesa.
I own the very last DC-3 combo ever made, number 4525, when I called Mesa they only had up to 4523 on record, dated it to 1999, so any DC-3 before 4525 is pre 99'

Hey folks, new member, first time poster.
I just bought a really old DC-3, that has a low serial number of DC3-005XX. Very curious what year this is from. I'm assuming it's an early model.

IMG_1277.jpg

Love it, and it sounds awesome. Pretty beat up, but it has lots of mojo! Would love to get a hardwood and wicker cabinet for it.
Mike

I just bought a DC-5b from a guy in Colorado.

I don't know what year it was made. It's in really good shape.

dc5.jpg

Greetings,

I am a new member, just registered, but I thought I would share my s/n information. I have a DC-3 Revision B with a s/n of DC3-03045. In case it means anything, it has the Vintage 30 speaker. I don't know when it was made, sorry. I am at least the third owner, and maybe more. It's your standard black tolex and black screen covering the speaker, but it sounds great! It still has the red tag on the power cord warning you that this amp is loud! From what I read on this forum (just found it today), I might be able to get an even better sound by replacing the V-30 speaker. We'll see, it's good for now anyway.

Thanks,

Laz

Just joined the board.

Bought a used DC-5 last week. No idea how old it is or any info except that it sounds epic!

Serial no is DC-0185. Had to put new power tubes in as one was defunct and the one that was functional sounded properly laboured.

Would be quite interested in finding out the age of The Beast, im guessing that its quite early due to the low s number??

Mine is a DC5 A head, Serial: DC-1653. I wrote Mesa an email, and they told me this:

We don't have your amp in our database.
The DC-5 was made between Oct. 1993 and Jan. 1999.
It was most likely manufactured between 1993-1994.

From the first post I got : 1995 for a 1062 serial number, so my guess was 95-96 :roll:

Maynardo said:
Mine is a DC5 A head, Serial: DC-1653. I wrote Mesa an email, and they told me this:

We don't have your amp in our database.
The DC-5 was made between Oct. 1993 and Jan. 1999.
It was most likely manufactured between 1993-1994.

From the first post I got : 1995 for a 1062 serial number, so my guess was 95-96 :roll:

manufactured and owned isn't the same , dc5 was sold starting end of 93, they sells about 1000 amps a year, mine in number 10xx means it was manufactured in 93, your must have been in 1994 and sold in 95 etc..

Just traded a Marshall head for a DC 10 2x12 c0mbo with no 60/100 switch so it's an early one but unclear when dc10 came out the serial number is DCx-0007x

Beauregard said:
My DC-5 head is DC-01082 and I have no idea how to tell an "A" from a "B" or what year it was made.

It's an "A" , the "B" didn't have LED's by the Gain knobs.

Back