Less Gain For Lead Channel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies said:
If you/anyone has a pic I am curious if there is a 180pf off the grid of V3A to the cathode or ground.

I'm now converting Mark III (SRX S/N 17052) to IIC+ :) and it has 120pF off the grid to ground.

But each of the PI plate resistors is also bypassed by 120pF caps.

Direwolf said:
Hey guys. I've got a question here about a Mk III Blue Stripe that has been modded to a III+. I'm not a metal player so I've been wondering what mods I can do to reduce the amount of gain in my lead channel. I know there's the obvious "turn the gain knob down" answer but I find the tone diminishes when I do this. I've tried a lower gain tube in V3 but it really starts taking away from the bottom end and overall tone response. I know the blue stripe is said to have the most gain but buying a new amp just isn't an option at this point. So my question is this. What can I do to the circuit in the lead channel to reduce the amount of drive? I really love this amp and the tone it produces. I just want less gain. Any thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated!

Hi, I put a 1000k in C30 and another 1000K above C30. Can't remember location...it came off a pin in V3 to ground on circuit board. It took away all buzz and fizz. It allowed me to jack up the Lead Drive to silky smooth but biting tones. Love my Blue Strip now.

Cheers, Paul

Back