Why is the G-Major 2 the ugly red headed step child?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while.. Why is it that there is almost no support out there for the GM2?

There are (comparatively) barely any patches available for the GM2 compared to other multi-effect processors.

I've had a GM2 for several years and the most frustrating thing I find is the lack of support.

I don't get the impression that they are very popular. May be why there are few patches. Can the GM1 patches be used or modified for use with the GM2?

Are GM2 patches compatible with Gsys patches? They may be interchangeable.

I agree its odd. The Gmajor was massively popular and you see them all over the place. I had one and was interested in the 2 as a replacement for a while but I have never seen one in a shop that I could try, or anyone using one. As a Floyd fan the Univibe effect and Tri chorus was interesting. Maybe just not enough was new/different to persuade people to change from their 1 versions. I always felt that lak of a decent TC foot controller was a problem too. It really needs a controller that will do patch changes on one row but also turn all the effects on/off with lights on the contoller properly matching the effects that are on. Perhaps the Nova System hit Gmajor sales prety hard thinking about it - its the same price and you get the foot controller and some decent drive effects. Bu there are things like the amp switching and some effects that you dont get.

Rob Lockwood said:
I always felt that lak of a decent TC foot controller was a problem too. It really needs a controller that will do patch changes on one row but also turn all the effects on/off with lights on the contoller properly matching the effects that are on

I can't believe that I gonna say that but...

The Behringer BFC 1010 can do all that and more for really cheap and... It's indestructible!

I did some looking online recently, and there is a lot of bad press about reliability in the GM2. That may be scaring people away. Apparently it can lock up. Some claim 1-2% of units, TC claims much lower failure rate.

Latest posts

Back