Blue Angel and TC Electronic G-System

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

para20033

Reaction score
Hi All

Having successfully used my TC Electronic G-System in a 4 cable hookup with a Roadster I thought, no problem, same will apply to a Blue Angel. Unfortunately the BA has a parallel EFX loop which the G-System doesn't like even when using the "kill-dry" option within the G-System. I've cranked the BA mix switch to 100% but the leakage past the loop is enough to contaminate all the effects eg flanger, delay etc.

Is there a mod to convert the BA to a serial EFX loop? Or better still a mod which can switch between parallel and serial style loops.

Appreciate any info.

Cheers

It's not worth bothering - just run all the FX in front of the amp. The loop is pointless anyway since it doesn't come after any of the distortion. The Blue Angel is purposely designed for only power-amp distortion, and if you do manage to make its preamp distort first, it sounds dreadful.

If you still really want to try the mod, just unhook the wire at the CCW (0% mix) end of the Mix pot. That will give you a series loop with the Mix pot acting as a partial return level control. I did try it with mine, but it made no useful difference so I just put it back to stock.

94Tremoverb said:
It's not worth bothering - just run all the FX in front of the amp. The loop is pointless anyway since it doesn't come after any of the distortion. The Blue Angel is purposely designed for only power-amp distortion, and if you do manage to make its preamp distort first, it sounds dreadful.

If you still really want to try the mod, just unhook the wire at the CCW (0% mix) end of the Mix pot. That will give you a series loop with the Mix pot acting as a partial return level control. I did try it with mine, but it made no useful difference so I just put it back to stock.

I always wondered why brilliant engineers would dampen this beautiful amp's tone with a loop......

Try bypassing the loop and the "Mojo Module." Then running the G in front!

Back