Pedal Board/ATA Case Advice Needed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using a Pedaltrain PT-2 for years. I love it!

I just got a G-System though. It doesn't fit on the board with my wah.
Also, the G is about 4" tall. Last thing I need is a 4" tall processor on top of a 2.5" tall board!

I was thinking about something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSP-32-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-Board-ATA-Case-/110902059638?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item19d2472276
I would just leave the board in the case, probably wouldn't pull it out.
Problem is, it looks really cheap.

I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I do want quality.
If I am going to have to pay a fortune for shipping, it **** well better hold up for a few years!

I basically need an ATA (or just very sturdy) case with removable lid that I can use for my pedal board.
Preferable dimensions would be 32" wide, 16" deep.
I don't want anything covered in carpet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Problem is, it is almost $100 to ship it to me!

I found this one too, with free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130466598352?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649If the top ledge is removable, then it would probably work really well for me too.

Both pretty much end up being the same price after shipping.

Sometimes I get really uptight thinking about the fact that I can't drive to a real store and check things out for myself!
:D But then I remember that I have to drive through Paia to get to my job, and then back through to get home. :D
Everytime I drive through there, I see at least 10 hotties in bikinis and at least as many in mini skirts........
Now I remember why I live here! :D

Anyway, do you think the Lyt board might be built a little better? Looks like it to me.
It is only 16" deep, which I really like much better than 22" (OSP board).
It's also made in the U.S.
But, the board is made of, "Lightweight wood composite." What is that, particle board? Not sure if that will hold up well in the jungle.....

Holy Crap! $100 for shipping??

Yea that "composite" crap is most likely MDF board. I think the real question is "what is the case made of?" You could always replace the pedal board with plywood if needed.

Good luck,
Dom

Well i have owned several eBay cases and found that 3/8 inch in the advertisements are not 3/8 inch with a ruler (or calipers). To solve my little problem i actually built a board from 3/4 inch plywood with some metal edging and some furniture handles. To keep things simple i built mine to the dimensions of a 61 key keyboard case (the G system and 3 Ernie Ball volume pedals). That way i can use a keyboard gig bag to tote it around. With only one wah you might can use a 49 key case. The good thing is that the G System is nearly impossible to break so a gig bag is acceptable. So i suggest finding a keyboard case online or briefcase or gun case from a local retailer and building a board to fit it. You'll get a perfect size board with proper build quality for not a lot of cash. Also the G System has screws on the bottom so it can be hard mounted. Food for thought.

Peace,
Joshua

Thanks guys!
I thought about building everything. I used to build my own pedal boards & cases, but that was before I had kids.
I can't seem to even find time to practice right now, let alone build a board and a case!

Thanks Joshua,
I looked at keyboard cases just now, and mixer cases yesterday.
I think I really want a case with removable lid. I'll use the lid as the bottom of my pedalboard with the board inside of it.
Good to know about the G having mounting screw holes on the bottom. I didn't even think about looking.

I might get the Lyt one and just replace the board if it falls apart.
I like the idea that it is a little bit smaller than the OSP, but still 32" wide. It's basically the size of a PT-Pro.

@Monsta: Have you thought of building your own?

I built one to fit into a suitcase that I picked up from the thrift store for $6

The board is just 1/4" plywood, with some black speaker carpet on it and durable rubber feet on the bottom. Works great, cost me less than $40 in materials. If you need another tier for pedals in the 'back row' you can buy little pedal risers (can't remember what they're actually called) or do what I did - put a little block of plywood (wrapped in carpet) under it and screw that puppy to the board.

I have a pic of my pedal board in the 'Post *your DC Rig' thread - bottom of page 3

I ended up getting a piece of 3/4" cabinet grade plywood from Home Depot and cutting it down to 32" wide by 14" deep. I should have gone with 16" deep since most cases are that size.

I will paint it black as soon as the rain stops for long enough! We've been trying to plant a garden for over a week and it just won't stop raining!

How do you like the carpet? Or should I be asking, how does the Velcro like the carpet?

3/4"?? Geez, are you planning on suspending your amp from that board? LOL.

Velcro sticks like hell to the carpet. Buy some of the industrial grade stuff at Home Depot :) It works great! A couple large pieces actually keep my Nova System in place when the case is vertical.

Oh btw: I used some carpet adhesive on the board before attaching the carpet, liquid nails works good too. Just put something heavy on the carpet until the glue dries. Then, staple the flaps around the bottom & add some tough feet - good to go!

Ah, now I see you're in Maui....

You may have to put some glue on the adhesive back of the velcro too.

What's so bad about a curvy pedal board? :mrgreen:

Back