Pic: Hetfield's current rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zodiac272 said:
screamingdaisy said:
ryjan said:
The VH4 or the Recto?

His practice rig has had the Diezel for a long time, however he used to always have a 2 channel Recto in it. That's a 2010 Dual behind him.

yeah it looks shiny and new, and you are probably right, but how can you tell it's not just another 3 channel triple rec?

scott

It has a stacked 6-button footswitch sitting on top of it which would indicate that it is a Multi-Watt, which is what I think what Screamingdaisy is talking about. Can't tell if it is a dual or triple because you can't see the back. They are not his main tone live but at least he has one on tap to mess with. Never know when you'll need a Recto :twisted: .

-AJH

The newer tone is fat and more balanced. Just like the Dr. Feelgood disc tone that Lars said they wanted to advance on. Some like the thrashy missing bass tone of AJFA. Meh, not so much. Broken Beat and Scarred has a killer one on the disc and live when I saw them. And Sad But True? That is some beat down riffing right there. FWIW more people sang that song at full scream than any other.

Diezel is killer gear. Herbert or VH4. Mixing metal amps is the way to go IMO. A Mark and a Rec together bring the pain. Bogner and Marshall. Cantrell gets sick tone in Rooster.

I'm just glad Hetfield and the boys still drag their rich old asses out and tour. a young metralhead not getting to see Metallica would be an injustice for all...

:lol:

Latest posts

Back