RA-100 Combo with slave out to Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odin

Reaction score
Has anyone used the slave out feature on a Royal yet? I like the 2x12 comob I have but I am thinking about exploring a richer sound by adding another slaved 2x12 cabinet. I am thinking of getting a Blackstar HTV-212 cab and swapping out the crappy Celestions in it with an Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick combo.
I love the power soak feature on this amp. While I still consider this a close 'bedroom' amp...I wonder what this amp would sound like through a couple 12" Eminence Reignmaker/Mavericks with the FDM attenuation feature on these speakers (-9db max). Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this? It more of a 'gee whiz' question and maybe not all that practical attenuating -25db!

odin said:
Has anyone used the slave out feature on a Royal yet? I like the 2x12 comob I have but I am thinking about exploring a richer sound by adding another slaved 2x12 cabinet. I am thinking of getting a Blackstar HTV-212 cab and swapping out the crappy Celestions in it with an Eminence Reignmaker/Maverick combo.
I love the power soak feature on this amp. While I still consider this a close 'bedroom' amp...I wonder what this amp would sound like through a couple 12" Eminence Reignmaker/Mavericks with the FDM attenuation feature on these speakers (-9db max). Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this? It more of a 'gee whiz' question and maybe not all that practical attenuating -25db!

You don't use the slave out to hook up another cab. The slave out is for another amp. If you would like to add cabs, use the vacant speaker out, and swap the switch to 4 ohms (if you are using two 8 ohms cabs, or the 8 ohms if you have two 16 ohms cabs).

I am using a Genz Benz Black Pearl 2x12 cab with Reignmaker speakers. I really like the cab. It gives more of a classic sound. (the genz is somewhat shallow and an open back) Not tons of bass but that could be due to the cab.

Thanks guitarrhinoceros. I'm new to using amps...although I've been playing guitar for years through a pedal. Needless to say I'm not very good....but the The RA combo (actually the first amp I have ever had) is inspiring me to play better.

Latest posts

Back