kcanostubes.com Review

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addictedtokaos

Reaction score
I was trying to get the best tone out of my ROV without loosing the gain. I've been doing a lot a reading over the couple years that Ive owned my first Mesa and have tried many preamp tubes including JJs, EHs, Tungsols, GTs, etc...

I came across a few post here that people seemed happy with the setup they got from KCANOStubes. So I decided to check them out.

Through his site I got in contact with Mike. It started by asking what he would recommend for my amp to keep the high gain but tame the fizz. Within minutes he started working with me through email conversation recommending tubes and was very informative and helpful.

Shipping was $10 more than his competitor but I thought since he was so helpful I thought, the $10 alone was worth his time and knowledge he provided me free of charge.

The tubes arrive pretty quick for international shipping. But in all honesty I was not impressed the with the packing of the tubes. They came in a small flat box, which I thought wasnt a big deal until I opened it. The tubes where in their boxes with bubble wrap and Styrofoam pieces. The problem was that the bubble wrap was not tapped up or sealed in anyway so when I opend the box and started removing the content some of the tubes where not even in the bubblewrap anymore.

After testing the tubes, 2 of them where microphonic. Im not sure if it was caused by poor packing but the possibility is there.

I sent another email to Mike explaining my issue and he replied apologizing had no issue to exchange them. The only thing that sucks is return shipping is at my expense.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the service and the "working" tubes I received. If KCATubes would just put that same effort in their packaging they would be a perfect tube supplier!

Yes, I know what you mean about they way the tubes come packed from KCA.
A while back I purchased some RFT 12AX7s for my Stiletto and was surprised how they where shipped. Mine came just as you described.

On the other hand, I also agree with you as far as the great service and knowledge Mike provides.

I suggested to him in my RMA request that he should use packing tape to seal the tubes into the bubble wrap. I guess we will see when I get my replacements.

I just wanted to update my review to say Mike was great. He even cross shipped the replacement tubes to me!

The tubes were packed very well this time! A+

Good story!
I did an order through them resently and was blown away by the great pricing on international shipping and the cost for tubes! Impressed. Bad packaging for sure but I was lucky and the tube were intact !

How have you liked the sounds??

Back