Strymon TimeLine

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
The long-awaited TimeLine was released today, and it looks like the first run sold out in less than an hour. That's just my estimate, because I checked their online store about an hour after its release, and there was no "Add to Cart" option. Gosh, I want one of these...

Not quite a year since my original post, and I'm currently borrowing a friend's TimeLine. It certainly lives up to all the hype, but I'm not sure it's worth $500. They're selling on eBay for $600 and up, though, so a lot of people must disagree with me there! I have one being delivered to me in a few days, and it's super tempting to put it on eBay for a profit, and then reinvest in a Brigadier/Blue Sky combination. Gotta love options...

If you're a delay junkie, check the TimeLine out, especially if you use unique delays and need lots of presets. If you're looking for simply bread and butter sounds, I don't think it's worth the steep cost of entry.

I have an Eventide TimeFactor and I was curious if the TimeLine was any better? TF is great but I did notice some other types of effects on the TImeLIne and was curious.

A good friend of mine has a Time Factor, and we actually did a little side by side yesterday. The Strymon sounded a little warmer (more organic is the phrase that initially came to mind) and has many more sounds available. The Eventide was easier to dial in, though, and the Eventide has dual drelays available in all modes, whereas the Strymon only has the digital Dual mode. What this means is you can't have dual tape or analog delays on the Strymon, even though you can add a lot of character to the digital delays with the Filter, Grit, and Smear controls.

I'm not the biggest fan of menu-driven interfaces, but the Strymon does a good job of assigning the most important functions to the hardware knobs.

I have a lot more I want to add, but typing on my iPhone is driving me nuts!

Back