Best echo delay Pedal for my needs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Echo Delay

• Eventide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pigtronix

• EH Deluxe

• Empress

• Push

• Diamond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leadtone

Reaction score
I play a strat with 69 pickups and a Custom Strat with a MoJoe and a Protrack.
I'm into Gilmour, Satriani, Timmons and E. Johnson sound.
My amp is a 2007 Mesa Stiletto Duece satge II.

Help me decide.. Thanks

Most of those players have the nice warm analog tone going on, so I would stick to something analog ( though alot of the digital stuff today is getting hard to beat ). Most of the EH line (Memory Man/Deluxe Memory Man) is killler, MXR Carbon Copy is killer, old Ibanez/Maxon,

Most are tried and true and have been popular over the years.

Gilmour used a Binson Echorec. Unless you want to spend (manymany) thousands for -THE- sound, the easiest way to do the Gilmour sound is run 2 delay/echo units. A dark analog one and a brighter digital one. I personally turn to the Carbon Copy because it's warm and very versatile with the mod button, but just as many people go Memory Man. Both are awesome. As for digital, Boss units like the DD-5 or DD-20 are great. Between those, you should nail all the sounds in the basket you want, without grabbing towards U2 sounds (who used a TC 2290, in which case you might wanna look at something like a Nova Delay instead of a DD-20).

Back