Thoughts on Mini Rectifier 1x12 Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyber104

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

Anyone have any first hand experience with the Mini Rectifier 1x12 cabinet.

Specifically, has anyone ever compared this cabinet against a 2x12 Rectifier cabinet.

Does the 1x12 cabinet have any bass response?

Our 2x12 cabinet pumps out some bass but it's pretty heavy. Looking for a 1x12 alternative - if that's possible

Thanks,
Chris

I would like to know this also. I currently run my Mini Rectifier into a mesa 2x12. would prefer to lug around a smaller 1x12 sometimes, without losing quality in sound.

I can offer some input on playing a Mini Rec through the new Mini Rec 112 slant cab, but it is very limited....so please take my post accordingly.

I auditioned the Mini Rectifier at my local GC about 6 weeks ago. Initially, it was connected to the Mini Rec 112 slant cab, and I thought it sounded pretty darn good. After fiddling with the offered modes and power setting through the 112 mini cab for a while......I decided to plug into a 212 horizontal recto cab. Personally, I felt the Mini Rectifier through the 212 Recto cab sounded better to me (but keep in mind, I was in a very noisy environment).
I too was tempted to buy the Mini 112 cab for portability convenience, but opted for the 212 due to a fuller sound, and that I could use it with other amps that I own.

If possible, play the Mini Rec through the 112 mini cabs in person to assess whether or not it would work well for your individual needs.

Hope this helps some......

Yes - that does help - thanks very much!

I don't have a Mini - I have a Rectoverb head and I was looking for a lighter cabinet to lug around.

Right now I have a home built 1x12 and I also use my son's Rectifier 2x12.

I like Mesa cabinets - I was just wondering how the bass response on the Mini cabinet is. That's where my home built 1x12 is lacking.

Thanks,
Chris

cyber,

The 112 mini recto cab sounds pretty good, but the one area it lacks the most IMO is bass response. I really don't think that you would notice an improvement in bass sounds using a mini recto 112 cab from the 112 you are currently using. I certainly don't think it would be a good pick for any of the "big brother" rectifier amps of the mini.

Yes, the 212 is heavy, but definitely sounds better to me.....even with the mini recto.

Best of luck.....

Back