Hello Everyone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronAmplified

Reaction score
Hi guys, great to be on the forum now.
I have a question about a rack system I am currently planning to build.
Alrighty, so starting with my amp, I have a Mesa Boogie Mark V. I am wanting to purchase a Voodoo Lab GCX Audio switcher, along with a G-Major 2, and finally a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro to control it all.
I would like to be able to switch between all three channels on the Mark V as well as turning on the solo feature and e.q. using the external switching on the back of the amp, and control the basic FX on the G-Major 2 all with the GCP.
Now...how the heck would I wire all this together?
I am brand new to the world of midi, so all feedback is appreciated. :D

Hi and Welcome!!

If I were you I´d skip the G-Major2/GCX/GC-Pro shizzle and go with a TC G-System instead. It has all the features of the G-Major2/Voodoo-Labs package and then some and is capable of switching your MkV.
Just my 2 cents....

Triaxstasy said:
Hi and Welcome!!

If I were you I´d skip the G-Major2/GCX/GC-Pro shizzle and go with a TC G-System instead. It has all the features of the G-Major2/Voodoo-Labs package and then some and is capable of switching your MkV.
Just my 2 cents....

That sounds like a much better plan. Never checked into the G system before. Thanks very much!

you can go to www.voodoolab.com and look at their forum. It's awesome. they show you any and everyway you can wire up any configuration. the people there are very very helpful. some of their techs are very active on the forum so they can trouble shoot also. also go to www.voodoolab.com and go to products and click on gcx. the have posted different ways to use the gcx there. hope this helps.

toolshed said:
you can go to http://www.voodoolab.com and look at their forum. It's awesome. they show you any and everyway you can wire up any configuration. the people there are very very helpful. some of their techs are very active on the forum so they can trouble shoot also. also go to http://www.voodoolab.com and go to products and click on gcx. the have posted different ways to use the gcx there. hope this helps.

Ahh man this helps alot, thanks very much! Don't know how I missed those diagrams on their website. :shock:
I think I've got a good idea about my setup...

It looks like you want to stay with high end equipment. I would look into the G Force or the G System. If you want simplicity use the G System. If you are going to build big later use the G Force, GCX, and GCPro.

Back