Lou Reed/Metallica album coming out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In these photos I have gathered:

Diezel amps, a JC120, acoustic guitars, a Haken Continuum, Lou Reed, members of Metallica...

...and no drugs do be seen. :oops: :idea:

What is going on here??????

Am I the one that's high? If this comes to fruition to make some sort of musical monstrosity, I bet i'll need drugs to enjoy it...

When I hear something, I'll judge. Call me ignorant for not knowing who Lou Reed is but I don't care if they collaborated with SpongeBob as long as the music is good :)

Metallica died with Cliff...the fact that they still play his songs live makes this band a living memorial to that great bassist.

Anything else they have done since 1989 has been complete and utter disappointment to the metal community (yes even Deaf Craptastic).

That being said, if it's good music than it needs to be heard. If it's pure ear rape, then it needs to be shunned. That is all.

I like that metallica continues to try new things musically. At their age and tenure they could just keep shelling out "Black Album Clones" like a lot of bands do when they hit mainstream stardom. They just keep cloning the radio hit over and over. Metallica has shifted genres a few times as well. It's nice to see they still push their own boundaries and not stay in their comfort zones. Some bands are good at a singe thing and after a few albums we all realize that they really aren't that talented, innovative, or even good. Not saying everything metallica has done is great because it isn't. But more power to them to keep experimenting.

I can listen to almost any kind of music and enjoy it... not really into much rap though. I don't like things just because a a band created it. I like it because it sounds good to me, and it's not important that it's popular or not. I do like all Metallica albums, even St. Anger and Death Magnetic, load and re-load. St. Anger, load and re-load took a few honest listening sessions before it grew on me. Lot of cool riffage on St. anger. Death magnetic, some songs i liked a lot immediately, some grew on me. If another lesser band recorded The Day That Never Comes, it would be a huge hit for them, but since metallica did, they are selling out, or metal fans aren't into it because it's not speed thrash metal. To me, that's an epic huge hit. Maybe it's not the metallica some people want, and I understand and respect that a lot of people don't like or even think their newer stuff sucks ***, but I don't feel that their music can be labeled shitty because it's evolved over the years. How many bands get into the hall of fame while they are still recording and relevant? Every album they put out after MOP tops the charts in sales. that wouldn't happen if a lot of people didn't like it.
I'm looking forward to any new projects they have. will I like it? who knows, but I'll give it a listen

scott

I have a hard time listening to St Anger but there are a few riffs that are good (Sweet Amber). All Nightmare Long on DM is a great song as well as Suicide and Redemption.
Cool thing about Metallica is that even though Cliff died the thre remaining members had the talent to keep it rolling.

um, I just heard the new song.... wow that was not so great. I'm not really liking lou's vocals with the band, but that's not even the worst of it. maybe they can redeem themselves with the other songs

http://www.guitarworld.com/metallica-and-lou-reed-streaming-new-song-view

this hitler video was funny as **** though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9LcJwX9dnE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL1E7C9E0A08F196D9

scott

I think a YouTube comment was right (which doesn't happen very often, but still)... I don't think it makes sense to view this as "the next Metallica thing" because strictly speaking, I don't think Metallica had anything to do with the lyrics, for example, because if I understand correctly, the songs were written for a production of two plays and I think some music was written by Reed too. So I think they just came in and added their touch. Well, if it really is a pile of ***** then I don't care what the background is and the preview isn't very promising, I agree on that.

Like I said, I'll keep an open mind and I'll hear this through properly when it comes out.
I didn't really care for Machine Head's Unto the Locust a lot either when I first heard it but I already feel it's starting to grow on me.

gonzo said:
seriously missed the mark.

No pun intended? :lol:

they need to permanently disband and start a new business. too old for metal go away.

it's dork dude. cyndi lauper is available to jam. oh yeah.

I stopped liking Metallica after Load. I didn't really dig it, but could listen to it. Reload was okay. St. Anger just flat out sucked, and so does this new crap they have. Good riffs, poor production, and piss poor songwriting.

zodiac272 said:
this hitler video was funny as sh!t though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9LcJwX9dnE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL1E7C9E0A08F196D9

scott
That was awesome, thanks for sharing!

But yea, what the hell were they thinking? I try to keep an open mind with things like this but I just don't get it. Is there some hidden meaning I'm not getting? I didn't like that song at all, even the music was just plain lame. Nothing inspiring at all and very disappointing to say the least. WTF Metallica?

Dom

you hit a certain age (say 45 max) and you retire. done deal.

ex: Al Jourgensen stopped playing live at 50, now he produces. that's right. he's still alive. but that killing joke bassist i saw live with them has passed away. Mean band.

domct203 said:
rabies said:
you hit a certain age (say 45 max) and you retire. done deal.

****, I only have one year left to make it big LOL.

Dom

He just wants everyone over 45 to stop playing so he can be a big star some day. :lol:

Let us put this Metallica thing in perspective:
1) Metallica was asked to do this by Lou Reed
2) Lou Reed wrote all of the lyrics on this project
3) "The View" is one song, and one part of a much bigger story, taken out of context.
4) The music on "the View" is simplistic and droning because it is supposed to be. It's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable.
5) The story of LULU is very controversial and compelling. Look it up, it's pretty wild stuff.
6) This is not a Metallica Album

I've listened to the song several times now and it has grown on me. It makes you really think about the poetry that Lou Reed is reciting. It's quite disturbing.

It's nice to hear someone trying something different, no matter what the response is. I look forward to hearing the rest of it.

espexp said:
Let us put this Metallica thing in perspective:
1) Metallica was asked to do this by Lou Reed
2) Lou Reed wrote all of the lyrics on this project
3) "The View" is one song, and one part of a much bigger story, taken out of context.
4) The music on "the View" is simplistic and droning because it is supposed to be. It's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable.
5) The story of LULU is very controversial and compelling. Look it up, it's pretty wild stuff.
6) This is not a Metallica Album

I've listened to the song several times now and it has grown on me. It makes you really think about the poetry that Lou Reed is reciting. It's quite disturbing.

It's nice to hear someone trying something different, no matter what the response is. I look forward to hearing the rest of it.
Good points.

Latest posts

Back