Share your lead tone settings for the Royal Atlantic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonRedSox

Reaction score
Here are my settings, on the red channel, for a nice modern Mark-series lead tone:

Gain - a touch past noon
Treble - 1:00
Middle - touch past 9:00
Bass - touch before 3:00

50 watts (I don't really use 100 watts too often, sounds great on 50), bypass MultiSoak, reverb to taste ...

Nice Setting, I just got mine a few days a go so i'm still tweaking looking for the sweet spot.

Nice! Glad to know you got one too! I love this amp. For my cleans, I've found that the "bright clean" factory settings in the manual yields a very amazing clean tone for loud usage. The "fat clean" is nice too, just a little too much bottom end and midrange for my style.

Enjoy!

I got the head off ebay and im playing through a 2x12 recto cab. My old amp was a Express 5:50 which i found to bright for my taste then i bought a Orange Dual Terror which i really liked but then i seen the RA on ebay and got for what i think was a good deal $1575 still had the tie wraps on the power cord and all oringnal packing and receipt. The original receipt toal was$2031.93 so I think i did good on this one.

Nice! Glad to hear it. Let me know what you think of the amp after you spend some time with it.

Mine's a bit more of an Orange-y thing:

Red master: just past 11:00
Bass: maybe 12:30
Middle: 1:00
Treble: 11:30ish
Gain: 1:00-1:30
Power soak bypassed

I'm usually on 100 watts, but I don't think I could pick out the difference at 50 if you made me do a blind A/B. If I bypass the power soak this is "dude that is *almost* too loud" from the drummer, but the power soak makes it too quiet. I find the power soak settings very, very non-linear and kind of dependent on where you have the master set-- if the master is set relatively low (below noon) the first power soak step is HUGE (not just in an aurally subjective sense, recorded tracks prove it.)

The "matching" blue channel setting has the master cranked to 2:30ish and I have to use the power soak to not kill everyone in the room, that's the army-of-1000-Marshalls.

I'm using a Recto slant 4x12 with a mix of EVM12s and Emi RWBs.

Heres my blue setting

Blue master: 11:30
Bass: 1:00
Middle: 10:00
Treble: 11:00
Gain: 2:30-3:00

Power soak bypassed

I love the LO gain mode with the power soak at -4, master volume almost dimed, then setting the HI gain mode to no attenuation and adjust the master level to match the LO mode.

Has anyone played with boost pedals and this amp?!?! :shock:

I have used a Barber Direct Drive and an Ibanez TS-9 with mine, mostly just treating the blue channel like a JCM800 and slamming the input. Though most of the reason I would use a boost pedal-- to tighten up the amp or give more sustain-- are things the RA doesn't really need. The one thing you can do is have a really bright early thrash chugging tone on blue with the boost, and then a big thick lead tone on red without it.

I have also tried putting an MXR 10-band EQ in the loop, but, again, the RA's EQ section is actually really good and can handle most of the things you'd want to do with the EQ anyway.

Back