Mark Morton officially making the switch to the Royal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWAKO

Reaction score
I found this recently on his twitter account:

"MarkDuaneMorton Mark Morton:
Royal Atlantic. crushes all. i'm switching. (real talk)"

And in reference to the RA versus the Mark IV/V:
"its different....not as versatile, but for metal riffing....its better.....more modern...heavier bottom end...it rules."

I dig the RA, but I recently got the Mark V and I don't see it going anywhere. I may convince the other guitarist in my band to get an RA, that way I can play on both. :D It has to be a sick head for Mark to make the switch. Just sayin'

Doesn't surprise me. Dude on rig talk described the RA as having a TON of useable, controlled gain and a low end somewhere between the Mark and Recto, but with a character all it's own. :) I really need to check one out soon.

LOG is badass but they do generate the daffy duck nasal tone on the lead lines/riffing that the mark series is known for (just heard it on an old DT song on XM). i wonder if it's as tight as the mark series, those amps (I've owned III + IV) are tight as hell for fast riffing.

I should have tried out the RA fully at NAMM this year...

too bad used ones are hard to find...

LOG manages to make Mark IV's and V's sound like garbage. Wonder if they'll do the same to the RA?

danyeo1 said:
LOG manages to make Mark IV's and V's sound like garbage. Wonder if they'll do the same to the RA?

they really have that daffy duck nasal sound going with the single note leads.

rhythms are sick, no question (omerta!)

i had a love/hate relationship with the mark iv. spent too much time tweaking and not playing, bottom line...

I have more of a Pepe Le Pew lead sound ... but definitively rhythm is Yosemite Sam. I play a far amount of funk so Road Runner and Marvin the Martian type clean stuff...

Back