Lunch Box Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am so torn on whether to lean towards a ta-15 or a mini recto .. i loved my roadster for tonal flexibility .. but was too impractical (loud and heavy) so i had to sell it .. these lunchbox amps seem to really fit the bill for smaller and great tone without the crushing volume needed to get there

i'd love to be able to ditch my pedals ... i like a smooth, sustainy, gainy but not buzzy neck humbucker lead tone in the santana-esque family ... but i like my cleans clean with variety from dark and warm to bright and crisp ... and lotsa variety in my gritty/dirty/crunchy/touch sensitive rhythm

i could see a ta-15 givein me most of that but would probably have to keep my zen drive for lead tone

i am having a hard time imagining a 2 ch recto getting me the mid gain stuff i need - i think the cleans would be there and i know the lead tone would be there ... so that would mean keeping pedals for various shades of dirty rhythm

roadster-T4D said:
i am so torn on whether to lean towards a ta-15 or a mini recto .. i loved my roadster for tonal flexibility .. but was too impractical (loud and heavy) so i had to sell it .. these lunchbox amps seem to really fit the bill for smaller and great tone without the crushing volume needed to get there

i'd love to be able to ditch my pedals ... i like a smooth, sustainy, gainy but not buzzy neck humbucker lead tone in the santana-esque family ... but i like my cleans clean with variety from dark and warm to bright and crisp ... and lotsa variety in my gritty/dirty/crunchy/touch sensitive rhythm

i could see a ta-15 givein me most of that but would probably have to keep my zen drive for lead tone

i am having a hard time imagining a 2 ch recto getting me the mid gain stuff i need - i think the cleans would be there and i know the lead tone would be there ... so that would mean keeping pedals for various shades of dirty rhythm

You honestly sound like you would love an Electra Dyne but there is always that volume problem. The Roadster was childs play in terms of volume...

geez, TA-15 VS Mini Recto!!??? Why not one of each with an A/B/Y switch!? You could run a pair of cute little 1 x 12s!!!

zodiac272 said:
This thing looks great! want!!! next I want to see a mini mark V.

scott

I'd buy that instantly, with built in attenuator....Hmmm, attenuator, drool...

Yeah, a Mini Mark would definitely have my attention. Marks are more up my alley than Rectos, but I'm SERIOUSLY considering splurging on the Mini Recto. I can't wait to see the Haggerty's Music video review for this one!

****...a mini....mark...good...god...

what..I... would....do...
1.gif

Its what i've been saying for almost a year!!
Lunch Box amp - Mark V - Ch1
Lunch Box amp - Mark V - Ch2
Lunch Box amp - Mark V - Ch3
3 Lunch Box amps!! 10/45 Watts... Most would buy just 1 (some months later the need for another would arise, and then the 2nd would be bought)!!

Imagine, 3 amps, wet/dry/wet.. all at knee reach!! hehehe
Stadium concerts would have 200 cabs behind the drums! :D

YellowJacket said:
geez, TA-15 VS Mini Recto!!??? Why not one of each with an A/B/Y switch!? You could run a pair of cute little 1 x 12s!!!
LOL, i know, right?
well, my budget is not unlimited ... if i had $2k to spend on heads alone, i'd have just kept my roadster and used the money to pay a college kid to schlep it around for me :D .. and dealing with two heads and switches and cabs and cables is going in the wrong direction for convenience, weight, etc... i am really hoping for guitar-->cable-->amp

i'll play em both and see ... also still looking for a custom cab builder where i can get a lightweight vertical slant 2x12 with neo speakers built

I WANT ONE!!! I've got a TA-15 that is great, but it lacks three things that the Mini-Recto has: Mid Knob, Presence Knob, and FX Loop. Still in a small, portable package. I think it would make a great addition to my collection and a great studio amp. I don't need a rip-roaringly loud amp, I've already got two of them. Provided it sounds like I hope it will in person, I'm down.

But yeah... If they made a little Mini-Mark, I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if it had the graphic EQ.

SOLD! I already called my dealer and told him I wanted the first one they get in! I'm keeping my Mark V for the big rig, and I'll keep my TA-15 because it sounds fantastic! I found myself using my TA-15 a lot for low-volume "corporate" gigs lately, but I do miss an FX loop... Anyway, I want this one too... bad... and heck, these Mesa lunch box amps aren't so expensive I can't collect 'em all! (as long as they only release one a year :lol: )...

The cool thing is I can use all my different cabs with all three heads - lots of mix'n'match variety for anything I want to do! And they're so damned cool looking!

I wish they had turned up the mids on those videos. The 'modern rock' setting sounded horrendously scooped.

I notice that this Rectifier no longer has a tube rectifier. The presence of a tube rectification (along with diode rectification) was the original genesis of the whole product line (hence the name). Buh bye. Oh well...as long as it sounds good...

Chip

chipaudette said:
I notice that this Rectifier no longer has a tube rectifier. The presence of a tube rectification (along with diode rectification) was the original genesis of the whole product line (hence the name). Buh bye. Oh well...as long as it sounds good...

Chip

How much do you expect them to fit in that tiny chassis? :) Also, notice that "Dual" is not in the name of this product.

ifailedshapes said:
chipaudette said:

Chip

How much do you expect them to fit in that tiny chassis? :) Also, notice that "Dual" is not in the name of this product.
Yes, but it would have been cool to included a switch from a tube rectifier and silicon rectifier. With my Dual Rectifier, there's days where I like the tube rectifiers (softer attack), and others day I prefer playing the silicon diode instead (aggressive attack).

But then like said ifailedshapes, only so much stuff you fit on this small chassis.

Sweet amp nevertheless.

I had an interesting encounter today. I recently found out the Guitar Santuary Store is located right down the street from my house. I decided to check it out, I walk in and was instantly blown away by what I was seeing, the full Mesa line is front if my eyes. I couldn't believe it! Then I looked to my right and I see a Mini Recto stack! I talked to the guy who worked there and he said they are the only ones in the nation to have one, (not even Mesa Hollywood has one) and it was actually a prototype. I snapped a picture of it, I'll upload it later. I'm going to have to come by later when I have more time and try it out.

I just can't believe you had this little beast by your side, you took pictures!
And couldn't play right away and gives us your input!!
I really want to try this out!!!! I just want to see if it is as aggressive as his bigger brother!

Hey DWAKO
what about those pics?? I believe i'm not the only one interested in what you have there :D

Sorry it took me forever to finally get a picture up here, but here it is! It sounds amazing btw, the demo videos are very accurate. In the room it has an amazing amount of thump for an amp its size. The guy there said even the "straight" cab is really a slant because it did a better job of creating an authentic Recto tone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back