Wicker help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shush

Reaction score
Ive just recovered my mark 3 (i will post pics once shes completed)

I'm gonna be putting a wicker grill on her and i've never worked with it before, my question is this:
I know you have to soak wicker, but for how long and is it cold, hot or warm water ?

Thanks in advance
Sean

Someone mentions it in this thread. Just in case you haven't seen it

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46822&p=379020&hilit=+wicker#p379020

shush said:
Ive just recovered my mark 3 (i will post pics once shes completed)

I'm gonna be putting a wicker grill on her and i've never worked with it before, my question is this:
I know you have to soak wicker, but for how long and is it cold, hot or warm water ?

Thanks in advance
Sean

This is how I do it, Don't know if it's the correct way, but it works well. I will cut the cain over sized a couple of inches and roll it up. I soak it in warm water for like 5 minutes, it becomes slightly more pliable but thats not the purpose of soaking it.

I remove it from the water and blot it dry with whatever, paper or cloth towels. Then I spray a heavy duty adhesive to the wood and wicker. Place the wood onto the sticky wicker and press. You need to cut lines 90 degrees from each corner so you can fold over the wicker to the sides.Heres where it may be difficult. I clamp everything!!!!! I make 3/4 x 3/4 sticks and I cut them to size and surround the entire grill edge and clamp them down. I have a cut piece of wood the same size as the grill and clamp the assy to that. Clamps, clamps, clamps. Once thats done I let it dry overnight. The wicker shrinks and tightens when it dries. In the mean time the adhessive is drying as well. Then unclamp everything and trim up the excess wicker with a sharp blade and your done.

I hope this makes some sense.

Back