Removing sus 4 shock from my mark 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shush

Reaction score
Im refurbishing my mark 3 combo, re-covering it, and would like to know: How do you remove the shock mounts on top of the shell ?
Dumb question I know but I need to remove them to recover my combo shell properly :D

Many Thanks
Sean

Also does any one here know where I can buy some leather corners from ( tan coloured )

Many Thanks in anticipation
Sean

Pop the plastic trim rings out from the top of the combo with a putty knife (after removing the amp etc., of course). Then each shock mount has 4 phillips screws holding it in from the inside of the combo.

Also, when you refurb your cab, be sure to replace the foil shielding on the top.

Hi,

What I would personnally do :

- removing the SUS-4 plates, numbering them and their placement, to be sure to reset them in the exact original position. Note that on my cab, it was not Philips head, but square imprint, so I needed to grind a surplus Allen key to the exact square dimension.

- making or finding a cylinder cimblot at the closest diameter of the hole in the wood (underneath access), and use it along with a mallet to gently end evenly push the black plastic trim rings out of their holes.

- replace the aluminum paper foil by a flat thicker one (0.5mm) cut to size and form, and glued evenly with neoprene glue. Use a removable GND connection attached to plate and attacheable to chassis (central back screw).That's what I have done in my SUIS-4 cab :

698183IMG8614.jpg

A+!

Latest posts

Back