TA-30 As A Bed Room Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twally

Reaction score
I still haven't found (or made) time to check out one of these amps. For the folks that do have one, is it OK for low volume playing-similar to a Express 5:25 or LSS?

Thanks,

TW

Why not the TA-15? 5 Watts is great for low volumes and you can use it with a 1x12 or even a 1x10 cab which is very small and portable. You'll have a setup that will do fine for gigs and as well.

twally said:
I still haven't found (or made) time to check out one of these amps. For the folks that do have one, is it OK for low volume playing-similar to a Express 5:25 or LSS?

Thanks,

TW

I just have to say that the Express is one of my favorite amps. I miss my 5:25.

ifailedshapes said:
twally said:

Thanks,

TW

I just have to say that the Express is one of my favorite amps. I miss my 5:25.

I can imagine. I still have (and will keep) my 5:25 for Church. I just haven't ben able to decide if I want another 5:25 for home/gigging or another amp-such as the TA 30. I know one thing-I don't want to lug my LSS Head with 4/10 around for ANY gigs-just because I am old and a little bit lazy.

Thanks,

TW

Oh, cool. I didn't know you already had an Express. I would recommend getting something different then. Might I suggest checking out the new Fender amps? The new Hotrod III series is pretty cool, and the Super Sonic 22 is an amazing little sucker that I almost bought a few weeks ago.

twally said:
I can imagine. I still have (and will keep) my 5:25 for Church. I just haven't ben able to decide if I want another 5:25 for home/gigging or another amp-such as the TA 30. I know one thing-I don't want to lug my LSS Head with 4/10 around for ANY gigs-just because I am old and a little bit lazy.

Thanks,

TW
I don't blame you, but LSS w/4x10's sounds sooo good! :D

I have a TA30 and a TA15. The TA15 makes for a good low volume practice amp and is also suitable for live gigs where you have to keep your volume down. The 30 is not so good for low volume playing if you wanna crank the gain...a lot of places we play seem to prefer having the band perform at low volume levels so the patrons can "visit". And we will reduce the volume upon request. I carry the 30 and the 15 and I start with the 30 and if that's to loud for 'em I switch to the 15. I love both these amps!

shoemocker said:
I have a TA30 and a TA15. The TA15 makes for a good low volume practice amp and is also suitable for live gigs where you have to keep your volume down. The 30 is not so good for low volume playing if you wanna crank the gain...a lot of places we play seem to prefer having the band perform at low volume levels so the patrons can "visit". And we will reduce the volume upon request. I carry the 30 and the 15 and I start with the 30 and if that's to loud for 'em I switch to the 15. I love both these amps!

Nice! I will be getting the TA30 head as soon as my finances allow... although that will have to depend entirely on whether or not I can stop myself from buying more Strats in the mean time.

I've been gigging with a TA15 head and two Lonestar 1x12 cabs for around a year now and it's an utterly fabulous sounding amp, I want the TA30 for bigger venues (I've been mic'ing the TA15 up for gigs in larger venues and outdoor shows), and I want the 30 for the built-in reverb that's lacking on the 15. I also have a Lonestar Special 2x12 combo that was my main gigging amp for a few years, but now that I'm closer to 40 years old than 30, I much prefer lugging a Transatlantic mini-stack around over the Lonestar combo, which now lives at the drummer's house where we practice.

My name is Sebber, and I'm a Mesa (and Strat) addict.

Stay away from the Fender SS 22. It has had lots of reliability probs and is hisssssy. Check the Fender forums for more dirt. I had one and ditched it fast!

Matt

Sebber said:
shoemocker said:

Nice! I will be getting the TA30 head as soon as my finances allow... although that will have to depend entirely on whether or not I can stop myself from buying more Strats in the mean time.

I've been gigging with a TA15 head and two Lonestar 1x12 cabs for around a year now and it's an utterly fabulous sounding amp, I want the TA30 for bigger venues (I've been mic'ing the TA15 up for gigs in larger venues and outdoor shows), and I want the 30 for the built-in reverb that's lacking on the 15. I also have a Lonestar Special 2x12 combo that was my main gigging amp for a few years, but now that I'm closer to 40 years old than 30, I much prefer lugging a Transatlantic mini-stack around over the Lonestar combo, which now lives at the drummer's house where we practice.

My name is Sebber, and I'm a Mesa (and Strat) addict.

Thanks for the info. Not to hijack my own thread, but are the new Am Del Strats any good? I've been wanting a Strat and don't wnat to play a bunch to find one.

Back