• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark IIC+ Simulclass head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Shaw

Reaction score
I have a second (just sold one) Mark IIC+ Simulclass head for sale. It is identical to the one I just sold (other than the serial # of course) and is covered in black tolex, reverb + graphic, non-export trannie. The amp is in dead mint condition; no tears, no rested corners or handle. It will come with Ruby 6L6 output tubes and Boogie pre-amp tubes. The amp will also come with it's origional slip cover, a boogie clean to dirty footswitch and cable.
I need to sell this amp locally in the Harvest, Alabama area, but Pay-Pal is available through a friend of mine.
Local sale is $3000.00 cash. Pay-Pal will be $3450.00, which includes Pay-Pal charges, shipping supplies, shipping charges, and shipping insurance. The Pal-Pal payment will be through a friend of mine. I will wait a few weeks first to see if there is any local interest.
No International shipping.
If paid through Pay-Pal, I will ship only after the money has fully deposited in my friends account (his e-mail and phone number will be supplied) and I can pick it up to buy all the supplies for shipping. Boxing will take approximately 8 hours. The amp will be double boxed into two seperate boxes; one containing the chassis and the second set of boxes will contain the head cabinet, tubes, slip cover, footswitch and cable. I should be able to ship 3 days, maybe two, once payment is received.
I will have pictures available by Monday, October 6 if not before.
I can also be reached through my home e-mail address (Please take note of change of e-mail): [email protected]

Dennis

You wouldn't tempt a C+ junkie, would you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you still have the amp when the "amp summit" showdown takes place in Huntsville, let me know. I might have a momentary lapse of reason. :oops:

Boxing will take approximately 8 hours. The amp will be double boxed into two seperate boxes; one containing the chassis and the second set of boxes will contain the head cabinet, tubes, slip cover, footswitch and cable.

i mean no disrespect, but please believe me when i tell you that this is completely unnecessary.

this is an amp head we are talking about here.
it is far safer to ship it in a single package, double boxed, and PACKED PROPERLY, rather than two seperate the head and chassis.

there really is no polite way to address the "boxing will take 8 hours" thing.
:lol:

JimAnsell said:
Boxing will take approximately 8 hours. The amp will be double boxed into two seperate boxes; one containing the chassis and the second set of boxes will contain the head cabinet, tubes, slip cover, footswitch and cable.

i mean no disrespect, but please believe me when i tell you that this is completely unnecessary.

this is an amp head we are talking about here.
it is far safer to ship it in a single package, double boxed, and PACKED PROPERLY, rather than two seperate the head and chassis.

there really is no polite way to address the "boxing will take 8 hours" thing.
:lol:
weed? LOL polite enough me thinks. Heck eight hours is a fantastic time. I'd like it too and I would prefer you spent just a bit more time on it. I WILL unbox it in record setting time though.

I have a mafia friend able to help me with shipping details etc. so I may be involved too :) I have to count money for a few weeks though. I hope it's still here in three weeks...

I really would like pics to drool over.

Joey,

We are trying for the weekend of Nov. 15 & 16. Feel free to send me an e-mail at work for me to keep you posted: [email protected].
The summitt will take place at T. Shepards Music. We are trying to get it posted in the Tone Quest Report and also trying to get some amp mfg's to send a few amps in, so it kind of hinges on those type of things. If we can't make it happen on that date, due to all the holidays forthcoming after, it may have to wait until February.
I may bring the IIC+ Simul to the summitt, but if you are local, you are welcome to swing by and hear it, but it will have to be when my wife isn't home so we can crank it up. She can't stand for the radio to be on "1".

Thanks,
Dennis

Jim,

Thanks for the advise. I do appreciate it, and you may be correct. However in my years of field service, I have been inside the UPS hub in Atlanta as well as the Fed. Exp. hub in Memphis. It is not unusual for things to fall off of the conveyers, or for the local driver-UPS-to literally throw a box out of the truck on to the street before delivering it to the front door (I have seen this!). Due to the weight of the trannie's in the IIC+ Simul's, one 'hard drop' could cause the weight of the trannie's to pull down on the chassis and bend it around the trannie mounts. This would be terrible to have happen to a great vintage amp like the IIC+'s or to any amp, so I simply had rather play it safe and be fully guaranteed that the amp will make it to the buyer safely. It's just too risky to ship it fully assembled and double boxed with a vintage amp. I have sold (2) IIC+ Simul heads and both have arrived to the buyer's perfectly without harm by shipping seperately; not even a broken tube.
But I once again appreciate the advise. I wish I could ship it your way because it would be much quicker to box and less hassle. This is my last IIC+ Simul head to sell.

Thanks,
Dennis

i realize that this is a really old thread, but did the head ever get sold? i want a simul/graphic/reverb IIC+ SO BAD

Still have it and would consider selling, however shipping is pricy as I would only do it in a way as to break down the chassis from the head cabinet, seperate tubes and bubble wrap everything. The chassis and heard would have to be double boxed and bubble wrapped.

If still interested, le'me know

as a buyer, I would still prefer the amp to be shipped in one package as Jim mentioned..not separated into two... haven't been at the ups or fedex hub, but I've purchased guitars, heads, cabs, pedals online through many sellers / shippers...if they are gonna trash your package due to poor handling, then separating it into two boxes wont help.

As many vintage shops have as their own policy, and refuse to ship vintage amps, this is my policy and it will not change. The weight of the transformers in a IIC+ head will, if the head box is dropped during shipment, pull the top mounting screws downward and into the head cabinet and damage it.

I have sold several 2C's, and if I decide to sell additional ones, this is my policy. The amp will arrive mint as in my possession, or I simply will not sell. These are priceless instruments and should be shipped correctly.

Dennis Shaw said:
Still have it and would consider selling, however shipping is pricy as I would only do it in a way as to break down the chassis from the head cabinet, seperate tubes and bubble wrap everything. The chassis and heard would have to be double boxed and bubble wrapped.

If still interested, le'me know
:mrgreen: i am very interested. ill see if i can move some money around and make it work.

No rush on this end. I'll be on travel for about a month next week. Still having back trouble and awaiting diagnosis. So, I can't box, lift, and ship right now anyway.

Hi Dennis,
without labouring the point, I've seen an option that might save you time and be even safer than two parcels, each with their own inherent danger(s).
Place/wedge a length of timber (eg:chipboard or mdf) between cabinet inner edge and xfmr outer edge, both sides
Place/wedge " " " between underside of each xfmr and the cabinet base
Place/wedge " " " between both xfmrs
Thus there is continuity in all planes.

Definitely not tring to change your mind or be argumentative, but I've recieved an amp this way, and I was mighty impressed.
Seller obviously thought logically about the task, applied some simple measures, and voila - job done.
mkiiipackingideas-1.jpg

Back