STR-454's NIB....NOT!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussB

Reaction score
I buy a pair of Mesa STR-454's. The seller claims they are "New In The Box". The price was right at $45 shipped. Here's what showed up today,

badtubedeal002.jpg

badtubedeal004.jpg

Scratched and burned bases, slightly yellowed/faded white lettering and as a bonus they come in svetlana EL-34 boxes! Some folks are just douchebags :evil:

I just bought a pair of NOS Ratheon EL84's. What showed up were black dead bottles with bent pins. Turns out the seller never looked in the boxes and what I got were the pulls that were replaced.

The seller was cool about it when I told them.
PayPal refund is already processed.

If your seller is not cooperative, PayPal will still give you a refund via claims. Either way you're covered. Though it still sux...

Mongo1 said:
If your seller is not cooperative, PayPal will still give you a refund via claims. Either way you're covered. Though it still sux...
+1. I would try working with the seller in a reasonable manner, noting that the goods don't meet the item's description. Per eBay, new is defined as:

"A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag."

Clearly these tubes don't meet that criteria. If he's not responsive, I would promptly open an eBay and/or PayPal dispute. Luckily it's "only" $45, but it still sux. Some people have their own definition of "new in box"!

The seller refunded my money, so I'm glad that's out of the way.

The seller pleaded ignorance...

BTW, I thought they were new in the box, I bought them as is but never used them.

Latest posts

Back