Pic: Hetfield's current rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude whatever it is still kinda harsh to even wish somebody else died in someone else's place. Life is so much more than music. You don't even know "Lars" as a person or "cliff" or whatever they were then or now...

Plus playing styles shape whole bands.

People bang on hammett for being sloppy or loosing notes, I saw him live twice and he never did any of that. (Of course there are several clips that he does...he's just a guy they play fast and everybody does mistakes...Vai does, petrucci certainly does for example). You always know it is him.

Same for ulrich. He is not THE metronomic drummer but has his own sound. There is a battery live clip with lombardo. Was it flawless? Yes. Was it fast? Yes. Was it metallica. No certainly not. The playing style was just...off. Lombardo should match the song but he did played like himself, he was staccato, precise but the sound was "smaller, tighter" and the sond seemed more empty. Not worse or better, different, not metallica. Same with joey joordinson on enter sandman.

Oh my god. I thought we were past the "Delta Labs vs. Eventide" arguments. Go to the Off Topic pages to ***** abought this sh!t!
Anyway, James's sound rules.

ryjan said:
Oh my god. I thought we were past the "Delta Labs vs. Eventide" arguments. Go to the Off Topic pages to ***** abought this sh!t!
Anyway, James's sound rules.

I apologize man.

Once again, Off Topic is were this crap belongs. The annoying back and forth childish argument has no bearing on "Hetfield's Current Rig" thread.

ryjan said:
Once again, Off Topic is were this crap belongs. The annoying back and forth childish argument has no bearing on "Hetfield's Current Rig" thread.

I apologize again with you, you're right.

They still have a kick-*** tone live no matter what we all say!

james has used triple rectifiers back stage or out front in smaller shows. I've seen youtube clips with a TR halfstack. kirk has used the dual recto as well, though now he's got his Randall sig.

scott

screamingdaisy said:
ryjan said:
The VH4 or the Recto?

His practice rig has had the Diezel for a long time, however he used to always have a 2 channel Recto in it. That's a 2010 Dual behind him.

yeah it looks shiny and new, and you are probably right, but how can you tell it's not just another 3 channel triple rec?

scott

That's their practice room at HQ. I think there's 2 of every amp ever made in there. He only used the 2 channel triple recto in his practice rig for a couple months. He's used Kranks, Blackstars, and Marshalls but has had the Diezel's in there for the longest. Can't say I'd blame him. :D

ryjan said:
That's their practice room at HQ. I think there's 2 of every amp ever made in there. He only used the 2 channel triple recto in his practice rig for a couple months. He's used Kranks, Blackstars, and Marshalls but has had the Diezel's in there for the longest. Can't say I'd blame him. :D

His practice rig has been a JC-120, Dual Recto and Diezel VH-4 for a long time.

Just because he plays an amp and someone takes a picture of it doesn't mean it's part of his rig.

The sticks of Diezel and JC120 in the Mesa/Boogie amp switchers let us know that his live rig not confines only to that rack!

Back