A guestion of GAIN

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmraco

Reaction score
Just wondering how much more GAIN the TA-30 has over the TA-15 withthe addition of the GAIN BOOST? For me I love my 15 and do not miss reverb or the loop. Power is plenty. But I would like some more gain at times for solos or a "chug-chug" metal type song. I have added an OD pedal to my effects and it works nicely when needed.

Thanks.

MXR Fullbore Metal will get you a "chug-chug" sound for sure. It's also the swiss army knife of adjusting the mids of your sound! Try it out if you can. :mrgreen:

Gtr_Pkr said:
MXR Fullbore Metal will get you a "chug-chug" sound for sure. It's also the swiss army knife of adjusting the mids of your sound! Try it out if you can. :mrgreen:

using a MXR zakk wylde now...I may give the fullbore a shot

phyrexia said:
Signs are pointing to electradyne red channel or stilettoish levels of gain with the boost pulled out.

A quick amen and when a Radial Hot British pedal is used to "slam the front end": it's almost too much gain (LOL).

I think the pull gain is very subtle, slight increase in gain, and more than anything changes the feel of the amp a bit... but it's not this huge boost in saturation, like kicking on an OD. More like a mild level boost.

Stiletto levels of gain?!?! Not on the ones I've played!

HaggertysMusic said:
I think the pull gain is very subtle, slight increase in gain, and more than anything changes the feel of the amp a bit... but it's not this huge boost in saturation, like kicking on an OD. More like a mild level boost.

Stiletto levels of gain?!?! Not on the ones I've played!

Well you guys got them before we did :eek: I am just going from what others have said. :lol:

I agree with Don's assessment.

The biggest benefit I find from the boost circuit in Ch2 is that it adds some nice sustain. I find this feature especially useful when playing leads with guitars equipped with single coils.

I do find the "marshallesque" sounds available in Ch2 Hi-1 to be excellent with or without the boost feature!

Back