Help with ID on older STR-415 Green Print

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmenary

Reaction score
Hi all- I have a what looks to be older Mesa STR-415 - It has Green print and I also have one with Blue print. I am trying to date the mfg time period for these tubes-

Is anyone knowledgable on these tubes-

On the Green one the codes are

Made In USA

Again curious about when these tubes were Mfg.-

Hey nice tubes! maybe mesa can help you figure the date codes... but most likely from the early 80's on the green labels. maybe late 80's early 90's on the blue. Where are you in Chicago? Are you looking to sell any? I have 3 blue label that would like a 4th :D . there is a great tech with a shop on fulton next to halsted that will let you test them free. plus he has lots of tubes for sale.

scott

Read from top to bottom 312 is a Sylvania code. Those are some nice power tubes! Bob

+1, Sylvanias. Really good 6L6GC, maybe the best ever build.

Sylvania STR-415's are my favorite 6L6GC! They put the magic in the old Mark series amps. I remember when these went for $15 bucks a pop.

RickO said:
Sylvania STR-415's are my favorite 6L6GC! They put the magic in the old Mark series amps. I remember when these went for $15 bucks a pop.

Me too...I feel old :lol:

KCA has 'em for $225 a pair

http://www.kcanostubes.com/content/nos-sylvania-6l6gc-str415-matched-pairquartet

Latest posts

Back