are E34L safe in the outter pair of a simul MKIII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaneleven

Reaction score
I did not misspell it I mean E34L's not EL34's. I understand that E34L's pull a bit more amps and have blown resistors in a Carvin Legacy I had but sounded awesome while it lasted. I have a pair and would love to try 'em out.

Thanx -d

Thats what i used in my Mark III till I switched to BHTs. Never had a problem. I definately liked the E34Ls better than the JJ EL34s.

droptrd said:
Thats what i used in my Mark III till I switched to BHTs. Never had a problem. I definately liked the E34Ls better than the JJ EL34s.

yeah thanx I just checked out Bob's Eurotubes site and he has a kit with 6L6 and E34L's so their safe. COOOOOL!!!! I LOVE E34L's. I just tried 'em out in class a mode and was blown away as I never liked regular 34's in there. Can't wait to crank'em in Simul mode.

What are your EL34's rated at?
You should read your owners manual before you start poking around inside a tube amp.

ryjan said:
You should read your owners manual before you start poking around inside a tube amp.

poking? dude I'm just swapping tubes man.

dmaneleven said:
ryjan said:

poking? dude I'm just swapping tubes man.
Just swapping tubes? You already said you blew up a Legacy. And that amp even has adjustable bias. Mesa's are fixed bias. In laymen's terms this means you need to be careful about what rating of tube you plug in there.

Ahem...
You need to be sure those E34Ls are meant to be used in a Mesa, not just pulled out of another amp, unless that other amp was a Mesa. Cheers! :D

Not only are they safe in the outer slots of a Simul Mark III, but according to the last edition of the Mark III owner's manual, they're the only safe tubes. Mesa started out saying you could uses EL34s or 6L6s in those slots, then later rescinded that advice due to reliability and tube life issues with 6L6s.

benjamin801 said:
Not only are they safe in the outer slots of a Simul Mark III, but according to the last edition of the Mark III owner's manual, they're the only safe tubes. Mesa started out saying you could uses EL34s or 6L6s in those slots, then later rescinded that advice due to reliability and tube life issues with 6L6s.

He's talking about E34L.....not EL34s. :wink:

~Nep~

The important thing is that you only use power tubes that are within spec for use in Mesa amps.The right type of tube of the wrong spec could be very costly !!

Back