VoodooMan?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman63

Reaction score
Hey all,
I did a search on this, but did'nt come up with much.
I saw on ebay two footswitches available for the F series amps; a VoodooMan and a Switchdoctor. Looks like I'm not the only one that's having problems with my F50 footswitch...evidently, the aftermarket has caught on.
Anyone have any experience with either of these? $70 is not cheap. But I've tried cleaning the pins on my cable; swapping ends, cleaning the switch itself. It's still flaky...just a bad switch I think.

Oh, there was a thread awhile back about how much of a flake this guys is. If you are planning to give him money, think again. You might as well go and give it to homeless people because they definitely need it more!

as mentioned above, and in a very long thread in the Vintage amp section of the forum - everyone advises against dealing with this guy directly. if the switch is being sold by a third-party, you might want to contact them to determine if the switch exists or is a front for the seller.

that being said - no one has complained about the product QUALITY. i have considered getting one for my Mark III for years - but for convenience, not because my switch is bad (MK 3 has 3 separate switches). try calling Mesa directly and getting another switch, or sending it to them for repair.

DO NOT ORDER FROM VOODOOman. I wish i saw these posts before i ordered a tremoverb pedal Jan 4.

This guy sucks. At least i have a refund policy with my amex and am not paying for something i never recieved. By the way, i sent endless emails to EVERY address he has and tried calling the number on his site, which now appears to be disconnected.

Doesn't this count as mail fraud since he is "using" USPS and not shipping anything when people order? Any lawyers want to jump in....

I was going to order from this guy a couple of years ago. Lucky I research first. I own a JSX (as well as Rectoverb) and on the Peavey site, someone ordered from VOODOOMAN. I cautioned that he may not receive his goods, thanks to reading posts here. Lo and behold, that's what happened. As I said, I gave a caution and didn't outright just say "Don't, he's a shifty bugger". Now, I think I'll just tell people not to buy at all.

As a service to the community, this should be a sticky on all music sites. Ebay should ban him. He should be charged for fraud. Charged with something, anyway. Too many complaints and it all seems to go unnoticed.

DO NOT BUY FROM VOODOOMAN.

He's got a disclaimer on his website. He only builds 5 or so pedals a month and has a backorder list a mile long.

Vogelsong said:
He's got a disclaimer on his website. He only builds 5 or so pedals a month and has a backorder list a mile long.

Disclaimer or no disclaimer.... That to me is to cover his backside for his shiftiness. Only five a month? One and bit pedals per week? That's a laugh.

He should be able to build min 3 per day since he knows the products inside out and has skill to build. Is not unrealistic. From what I remember VOODDOMAN said that he was getting more staff on to help or something along those lines. And if he has a fulltime job apart from this, then he should be able to manage one pedal every 2~2.5 days.

And what is the excuse for not contacting customers in a timely manner? Busy building pedals? Very poor business operation.

Don't trust him.

Blaklynx said:
Vogelsong said:

Disclaimer or no disclaimer.... That to me is to cover his backside for his shiftiness. Only five a month? One and bit pedals per week? That's a laugh.

He should be able to build min 3 per day since he knows the products inside out and has skill to build. Is not unrealistic. From what I remember VOODDOMAN said that he was getting more staff on to help or something along those lines. And if he has a fulltime job apart from this, then he should be able to manage one pedal every 2~2.5 days.

And what is the excuse for not contacting customers in a timely manner? Busy building pedals? Very poor business operation.

Don't trust him.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't making excuses for him. In fact as soon as I saw the disclaimer covering his backside was my first thought also.

I remember a few years ago I almost ordered a pedal from him. Glad I didn't.

Vogelsong said:
Blaklynx said:
Vogelsong said:

Don't trust him.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't making excuses for him. In fact as soon as I saw the disclaimer covering his backside was my first thought also.

I remember a few years ago I almost ordered a pedal from him. Glad I didn't.

I wasn't having a dig at you. Glad that you pointed it out, actually. Good minds think alike :wink:

cddesign said:
DO NOT ORDER FROM VOODOOman. I wish i saw these posts before i ordered a tremoverb pedal Jan 4.

This guy sucks. At least i have a refund policy with my amex and am not paying for something i never recieved. By the way, i sent endless emails to EVERY address he has and tried calling the number on his site, which now appears to be disconnected.

Doesn't this count as mail fraud since he is "using" USPS and not shipping anything when people order? Any lawyers want to jump in....

Out of curiosity, did you ever get your TOV pedal? I have one (Voodooman) and don't need it. It came with one of my TOVs. Want it? :)

I didn't get my footswitch but didn't lose any money either (AmEx is the BEST!).

Here's what happened:
1. After 1 month and NO replies to my endless emails to him, i started a "case" through paypal (used to pay through ebay).
2. After not hearing anything for the week waiting period, i called Amex that i used through paypal and canceled the charge.
3. ONE day before the case was to close, the seller contacted me and said he was "out of town" and would send right away. I told him it was too late and already canceled payment, etc. After all, he was supposed to do that a MONTH ago, right!?!?

So, i never got the footswitch and have been looking for alternatives. If anyone has one they want to sell, i am interested.

Voodoo has a million excuses
cddesign said:
I didn't get my footswitch but didn't lose any money either (AmEx is the BEST!).

Here's what happened:
1. After 1 month and NO replies to my endless emails to him, i started a "case" through paypal (used to pay through ebay).
2. After not hearing anything for the week waiting period, i called Amex that i used through paypal and canceled the charge.
3. ONE day before the case was to close, the seller contacted me and said he was "out of town" and would send right away. I told him it was too late and already canceled payment, etc. After all, he was supposed to do that a MONTH ago, right!?!?

So, i never got the footswitch and have been looking for alternatives. If anyone has one they want to sell, i am interested.

Back