Post your pedalboard

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine - plugged into an Express 5:50:

IMG_9720.jpg

anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase a good pedal board? I see some have made em and I guess I could as well. I was also looking into

http://www.nycpedalboards.com

any thoughts on any of this?

what kind of power source does anyone suggest?

voodoo labs? DC brick?

probably powering 10 pedals.

thoughts?

look up Goodtime Music in Streamwood IL.... they got Pedaltrain boards with Anvil roll cases.

Pat Davy is the man you want to talk to

Here was mine. After this picture was taken I added a MXR Zakk Wylde Chorus pedal, a POG2, and a dunlop wah.
Rad sounds came from the combination of POG2, Carbon Copy, and Volume swells.

pedalboard.jpg

Pat Davey owner of Goodtime music sells and build pedal train pedalboards... he built this one for me and not only does it kick the *** of my Furman board... it is much easier to use in rehearsal or onstage. Any loose cables you see are my loop and line connections which I have not matched to the board as of yet.
IMG_5067.jpg

IL boogie people call 630 837 3733 ask for Pat in Streamwood IL

I switched out the Budda wah pedal to my old purple budda wah! Still have not found that sweet sweep in the new budda wah pedal.

he built this one for me and not only does it kick the *** of my Furman board... it is much easier to use in rehearsal or onstage. Any loose cables you see are my loop and line connections which I have not matched to the board as of yet

This board looks great- with the exception of the wall-warts....I cant overlook them them any longer knowing there is a solution to make them go away...killer board though!

Just wondering about your Eventides... have you ever midi'd them up to each other so as to use one as a master controller? I am interested to learn more about this after reading about this possibility on their forum pages...

konstantine RK said:
Pat Davey owner of Goodtime music sells and build pedal train pedalboards... he built this one for me and not only does it kick the *** of my Furman board... it is much easier to use in rehearsal or onstage. Any loose cables you see are my loop and line connections which I have not matched to the board as of yet.
IMG_5067.jpg

IL boogie people call 630 837 3733 ask for Pat in Streamwood IL

Wall warts - I tried Bob Bradshaw's powerbox by CAE and we couldn't get it to work. Ian more confident that the Eventides power supply is steady on out of the box. They look sloppy but I am out of money and i just don't have any desire to add anymore additional weight.

Midi cables... Yes I have used midi cables to slave two to the master so I could switch but I don't use all three that much so I keep it simple when using them so I'm not using midi as you can see but also because I cannot update them myself

Anyhow they are close to my feet and I'll just use them as pedals.

ReIgnition said:
billboogie said:
ISP is sucking up NS-2 buyers.

More people should try Both. (If you're playing anything high gain, that is). When I started using both is when my tight rhythms got Really tight. ISP cleans up any unwanted guitar noise, NS-2 cleans up pedal noise. I did plenty of tests playing the same riff with (1) Neither (2) One OR the Other (3) Both. (3) Comes out Way ahead in Every situation. As long as you have it set up right, you won't lose any tone (to speak of) or have unnatural cut offs / decay.

IMAG1640.jpg

Got some new stuff added, Chain of effects goes:

Guitar-->NS-2 input-loop send->Maxon OD808-->Boss PS-5-->Planet Waves Strobe Tuner- loop return->NS-2 output-->EH Holy Grail-->Boss CH-1-stereo outs->Boss DD6-stereo outs->Dual Rectifiers

Also have the Rocktron MIDImate, using it to switch both heads channels with Voodoo lab Controls Switchers:
IMAG1645.jpg

Cool pick taken about a month ago:
oto14.jpg

-AJH

My most recent board.

1101002009.jpg

Before that, it was this.

20100228-2155.jpg

I'm currently re-working a new board design to accommodate more pedals I've picked up. It'll have 2 tiers, with the power supplies (Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ and Pedal Power AC) under the tier. I'll definitely post pics when it's done.

MesaENGR412 said:
IMAG1640.jpg

Got some new stuff added, Chain of effects goes:

Guitar-->NS-2 input-loop send->Maxon OD808-->Boss PS-5-->Planet Waves Strobe Tuner- loop return->NS-2 output-->EH Holy Grail-->Boss CH-1-stereo outs->Boss DD6-stereo outs->Dual Rectifiers

Also have the Rocktron MIDImate, using it to switch both heads channels with Voodoo lab Controls Switchers:
IMAG1645.jpg

Cool pick taken about a month ago:
oto14.jpg

-AJH

Hey, I hae a question. are you using the Din connector for switching the amp channels with the Voodlabs control switcher?

Morley Little Aligator Volume, Morley Mark Tremonti Wah/Boost, Line 6 M13,
Korg Pitch Black tuner, Wampler Super Plextortion, FreeForm FX Black Label Overdrive

pdbd001.jpg

2nd pedalboard I'm putting together, not complete or arranged yet.
I still need to add a Morley George Lynch Dragon 2 wah and a ModTone Stutter Kill.

Fulltone MDV-2 Deja Vibe, TC Electronics Nova Dynamics, Nova Drive and Nova Repeater,
G-switch (for Nova Drive), Boss GE-7 Eq, CE-2 CHorus, NS-2 Noise Sup., EH-1 Enhancer, NF-1 Noise Gate.

pbrd2_001.jpg

Roadifier said:
Hey, I hae a question. are you using the Din connector for switching the amp channels with the Voodlabs control switcher?

Hey man, I am actually using the external switching jacks on the back of the heads.
I bought a set of 8 short cables from american musical supply and just hooked them up four and four. The new Rects only have
4 external jacks, and CH 1 is default, so it works perfectly since the Control Switchers only have four controls a piece. Since Channel 2 is default on the older heads, I would imagine that when using the external jacks, it would not be necessary to connect anything to channel 2's external jack, and when nothing is selected on the Control Switcher, then it would go automatically to channel 2. Just a guess though.

IMAG1643.jpg

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
Roadifier said:

Hey man, I am actually using the external switching jacks on the back of the heads.
I bought a set of 8 short cables from american musical supply and just hooked them up four and four. The new Rects only have
4 external jacks, and CH 1 is default, so it works perfectly since the Control Switchers only have four controls a piece. Since Channel 2 is default on the older heads, I would imagine that when using the external jacks, it would not be necessary to connect anything to channel 2's external jack, and when nothing is selected on the Control Switcher, then it would go automatically to channel 2. Just a guess though.

IMAG1643.jpg

-AJH

thanks for sharing! I think I will get two of those sometime, they would help out with my rig a lot! :D

Back