The Official DC Club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking in! Just picked up this baby:

DC5a.jpg

Love it so far. Not sure exactly when it was made, though it does differ a bit from the manual posted on the MB website with regards to how the footswitch works. Only real issue is that it's missing the often discarded aluminum "tube guard" on the back of the amp. Currently trying to find a replacement.

GD_NC said:
I don't think that's the original speaker. DC-3s have V-30's in them.

my DC3 has an original"black shadow" 50 watt.Not all DC3's came w/V-30's.Mine is a 1st version s/n#630.Bought a DC-2 new in 1991 and it had a Emi speaker also.Personally I find the V-30 turns to mush when you pound on it,the Emi's hold tight.
My DC-3 is all original other then a retube, pre and power.THis amp shows what a great build quality it is.Zero issues and it's a good 20+ years old.A true "Work Horse".

tbonesullivan said:
Checking in! Just picked up this baby:

DC5a.jpg

Love it so far. Not sure exactly when it was made, though it does differ a bit from the manual posted on the MB website with regards to how the footswitch works. Only real issue is that it's missing the often discarded aluminum "tube guard" on the back of the amp. Currently trying to find a replacement.

Yours looks minty like the one I just picked up. All original but I cant imagine how the tubes survive being biased close to redplating. Bob

vo65pw.jpg

Hello - New DC3 owner here - as of a fortnight ago.

Love it! Have a couple of questions tho - I'll post as a new thread in the forum as it's OT for this one.

sign me up for the owners club!

Cheers

Andy

i recently bought a Studio Caliber (early dc-2) with serial DC2-01239. its my first boogie.

studiocaliber_front.jpg

i really love the clean channel but the lead channel is a bit too harsh for my tastes. i'll go and experiment a little bit with different tubes in different positions and i'm shure to find the tone i love :)

pm sent :)

Well, might as well join since I'm keeping this guy. :) Still haven't seen anyone else with a red jewel yet, not that it matters much.

Just recorded tracks into protools and this thing comes across as having WAY more gain when recorded with a decent mic. I have the gain on 5 tops when I record.

SAM_0065.jpg

I just saw this thread because it was bumped up over a thread I just started.

I have had my DC-3 and .50 Calibre+ for years now. Do I get to join twice and can we retro my membership? LOL

PM sent.

Just got my DC Cartel logo added to my sig and wanted to thank O==00==O for his work. Hope I'm posting this thanks in the right place. ;)

Just picked up DC-5b - my first Boogie.

I couldn't resist bringing it to my gig last weekend, even though I'd only had it 1 day and never turned it up to 'gig' level yet. It performed outstanding. I thought my tone was a bit dark at the gig, but it was just my inexperience with the tone controls of the amp. The next day I had it sparkling like a chimey little Fender and growling like a bear with attitude. Great amp, very versatile
BoogieRig-sm.jpg

PM sent for my DC Cartel logo - Thank you (FYI: If you just want to send me my number, I can lift the rest & Photoshop it in there. Lemme know

Just picked up a Mint DC-3 for use on the road and practice. Love it! Great tones all around and versatile. Easier on the back than my Roadster for sure.

P6052685.jpg

P6052648.jpg

got a near mint DC-5 head yesterday.
serial number is DC-0314XX - maybe someone can tell me from which year this amp is.

will hook this beauty up to my little rig this evening and take a few pictures.

EDIT:

so here is a picture of the DC-5 sitting on top of my little pedal-rack.

DC-5%20incl%20Rack.jpg

"New" DC-5 owner here mates. :D
I have the amp for few months now.
It was heavily gigged due to ripped tolex and grill :( , but inside was clean and the tone fwking awesome! :D
After a service from my technician friend who knows boogies inside-out, it plays like a butter.
So many beautiful tones there.
It's lead voice it's between of a recto and mark to me, having the deep fat character of a recto and the articulation of the mark.
And it's clean tone it's definetely in the mark side.
Every day i discover new tones and i really wonder why this baby don't have the reputation which deserves. It's really a hidden gem to me.
I owned several boogies in the past but this one is a keeper!
I'm definetely thinking for a re-tolex and to put a new grill even if it's kind of cool to look road-worn :mrgreen:

ps: just received my DC Cartel member logo. Thanks to O==00==O!

mesaboogiesdc5wornrs.jpg

Just re-joined...had a DC-5 brand new around 92, got out of music and sold it around 99...and one just arrived at my door after a long time of searching for one in good shape not too far from my house.

No pics yet...but a few things different than I remember.

1) Don't remember the footswitch having two buttons; as with other posts I see here mine differs from the manual in the way the footswitch selector on the back panel works.

2) Don't remember the "cool blue light" being quite so muted

3) Was is always this LOUD? :) I guess I am getting too old, but holy crap!

4) Without the footswitch in, the center toggle almost seems to combine the channels (I played only for about 10 mins)

5) All Mesa tubes so someone took care of it

Anyway, going to play with this some more, had also been looking at a new Express Plus, but this might just fit the bill for less than half the price!

I bought my DC-2 (Late version) with contour Serial 3989 of 1998, 3 years ago, it has the original Black Shadow Speaker. I really love it the sound i make combining it with my pedals is really incredible. 8) 8) 8)
It´s my first mesa but i think this is the amp i love and i will never sell in my life. I have added an Orange Ppc 112 with v30´s on it to combine both open and closed back sound for more full range sound!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ecstatic new owner of Great older DC 3 1x12 combo.
Wow what a brute. The Vintage 30 makes this amp a freaking cut through machine.
I'm playing a set with a buds band and took the "lil" guy.
The guys laughed with their DSL 100 4x12 and Ampeg 500 watt 4x10 and 1x15 cab until we were 2 bars into the first song of the night.
Joy,disbelief,envy,etc.. was all I could get out of them.
The compliments were and continue too roll ever since.
I was using a Laney GH 50L previously and still own but its a basement dweller these days.
Thank You Mesa Boogie.
Yep Purple tolex. Bam!
00E0E_17VL7b7n1b5_600x450.jpg

Back