What album are you listening to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Grissom is one of my favorite players tone wise and lick wise. I used to go for the most gain and fastest player and always overlooked dudes in the background that had the chops but just laid it down for the rest of the band. Gales is from another planet as far as I'm concerned. Eric Johnson and Jimi Hendrix had a child. If that was legal of course.

fishyfishfish said:
Yes Grissom is one of my favorite players tone wise and lick wise. I used to go for the most gain and fastest player and always overlooked dudes in the background that had the chops but just laid it down for the rest of the band.

Those "background" guys are the ones to watch out for. I once watched a local band with a "sit in" guest guitarist, The out-of-towner would lay low in the shadows, and rip your head off with a blistering solo or cross your eyes with some funky jazz chords. Good times. He can be heard on the Glen Frey song "Smugglers' Blues".

I just checked out the new Bonamassa project called Black Country Communion with Jason Bonham on drums and Glenn Hughes on bass on vocals- it totally rocks

I am really enjoying "Periphery" by Periphery...the guitar work is fantastic

Also revisiting Tony Williams "Believe It"
And "virtuoso" by Joe Pass....

Laskyman said:
Also revisiting Tony Williams "Believe It"
And "virtuoso" by Joe Pass....

Two of my favorite records! Love Holdsworth's playing on "Believe It" and "Million Dollar Legs". "Virtuoso 2" is also one of my favorites.

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare. Pretty solid album. Most tracks are focused and has a progressive vibe. Definitely YouTube the track "Buried alive" if you haven't heard it. Best track on the album
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos. I love this album. Very good tunes with typical progressive awesomeness. "ministry of lost souls" being my favorite track. I'm sure most of you know this album already.

Ive been listeing to Opeth for the past 2 months, and nothing much else really...
They kick so much ***, i cant get back into routine of listening to short songs anymore... :lol:

Im really digging the albums Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park, Watershed, Deliverance, Damnation and Still Life at the moment :wink:

In my CD/DVD Tray on my Lap top as I Type this is,

The Bill Perry Blues Band, Love Scars

He's passed on now , Every now and then I put it on feel those blues and miss him, Those Thursday nights at Boodles, Hope your jamin with Jimi Bill.

I dont know the album but Im high on "Sails of Charon" by the Scorpions... Uli John Roth with some awesome guitar playing.

Dave Uhrich CD

The Dear Hunter

not too many bands out there making music like that today. ambitious like Queen was back in the day, cool Beach Boys influenced harmonies, great songs, and they rock too. oh yeah- really like their drummer. very tasteful drumming who knows how to make good use of space.

Just picked up the new Agalloch-Record. Quite bizarre as always but very moody right away and there's definitely more to come, a typical grower i guess...

Back