So, what amps do you own?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amps:
1968 Fender Showman Reverb-Amp 85w head(doesn't say "Dual" on the panel but it is), "Blackfaced"
1985 Mesa/Boogie Mark III "no"-stripe 60w 1x12 reverb/EQ combo w/EVM 12-L
1983 Fender Super Champ 18w combo

cabs:
1x12 80's Genz-Benz halfback cab w/JBL E-120
2x12 1968 Fender Bandmaster cab w/JBL E-120's

HEY NICE VIBROVERB!!

[/u]

'84 IIC+ Long chassis head, fully loaded with SC, Reverb, EQ. (sounds ungodly)
'67 50W 1986 Marshall Plexi with a '69 Basketweave cab. (sounds ungodly)
'98 Guytron GT-100. (brilliant tones at any level, very versatile)

'06 Metroamp Plexi, 12xxx series built by a VERY VERY FAMOUS amp engineer (forum users will flip when I disclose the engineer, should be this weekend...stay tuned for details and pics.)

Sovtek Mig 60 modded to JTM45 specs
Mesa 2x12 Recto cab
'72 Marshall JMP 50 watt 2x12 combo
Marshall JMC600 head
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12

100_0180.jpg

100_0133.jpg

Dayumn Tex, Looks like you hit the lottery.
Real nice collection.
Now I wanna know..who makes a switching system for 17 amps...LOL

ChrisRocksUSA said:
lol

what's that funny amp-looking object under it :eek:
You got me! That's a '68 Silver Face Princeton Reverb 5AR4 rectifier tube, dual 6V6s Class A/B. That's my very first amp. Exception for the Pignose and a Rockman, never bought a solid state or modeling amp. Played through alot though.

I was spoiled and caffinated with tubes since. For me, any guitar amp that's not tube is too decaffinated for me.

But don't get me wrong, I played through some good modeling amps.

For you coffee drinkers trying decaffinated coffee, "This coffee taste o-kay or good, but something just missing, I can't put my finger on it." That's the analogy I experience with modeling amps.

RR said:
ChrisRocksUSA said:
lol

what's that funny amp-looking object under it :eek:
You got me! That's a '68 Silver Face Princeton Reverb 5AR4 rectifier tube, dual 6V6s Class A/B. That's my very first amp. Exception for the Pignose and a Rockman, never bought a solid state or modeling amp. Played through alot though.

I was spoiled and caffinated with tubes since. For me, any guitar amp that's not tube is too decaffinated for me.

But don't get me wrong, I played through some good modeling amps.

For you coffee drinkers trying decaffinated coffee, "This coffee taste o-kay or good, but something just missing, I can't put my finger on it." That's the analogy I experience with modeling amps.

that's badass

my 1st amp was a cheapo fender frontman amp lol.

played through it for 10 years then I got a tube amp, I will never buy another non-tube amp

8)

Hey JRB,long time brudda. Hows that 6x12 cab been sounding. Cant remember if you ever got us pics of the finished back or not.
Peace,
~ John ~

prs1999 said:
Hey JRB,long time brudda. Hows that 6x12 cab been sounding. Cant remember if you ever got us pics of the finished back or not.
Peace,
~ John ~
Hey John. The 6x12 sounds better than I could have ever imagined. I don't think a sound clip would do it justice otherwise I would have posted one for you guys. I haven't even had a chance to gig it because the guys I play with don't play often (currently looking for new band) and when we do it's on very short notice so I just grab a 2x12. I did haul it out to the back yard a couple of times so I could open it up.....never bothered to ask the neighbours how it sounded though :wink:

I didn't want to show the pics of the back because of the bubbling (adhiesive problem). But here it is anyway. I'll get around to refinishing it one day :roll:

DSCN1082.jpg

DSCN1090.jpg

CURRENTLY OWN:

2004 Mesa Recto-verb 50(v.2)/Mesa 3/4 back 2x12(c-90's)
1998 Line 6 ax2 212/Mesa 3/4 back 2x12(c-90's)

USED TO OWN:
1983 Crate cr-19(1x8 combo)
1992 Crate gt-80 quadra drive(1x12 combo)
1985 Marshall JCM 800(solid-state)1x12 v30 combo
1986 Laney aor Pro Tube 100/Laney 4x12 w/ v30's
1992 Marshall JCM 900(2500-slx)/Jcm 800 1960a w 75w celestions
1998 Laney GH100L/Laney 4x12 w/HH speakers
2003 Peavey bandit transtube 1x12 combo
2005 Line 6 PODxt live
Ive also owned preamps and power amps by Boss/ADA/ZOOM and the like and have played extensively(but not owned)amps by Randall,Rocktron,Behringer and pretty much anything else ican get my hands on

WOULD LIKE TO OWN:
Mesa/Boogie mkIIc+
Mesa/Boogie mkIV
Engl Powerball or/and Savage 120
Bogner Ubershall
Marshall TSL 100(the only marshall i would own at this point)

RR said:
Nice Collection Texsunburst59!

Here's my addition
An Allen 5F1+ w/ Weber Blue Dog.
Combos_wGibsons.jpg

Thanks RR. That's one sweet Allen Amp. 3 of my Bassmans have the Allen mod and th 4 to 8 ohm switch. These are killer tone machines. Allen really knows his amps. The guy just breathes tone........​

I love Vintage Fender Amps (and guitars of course) but I can't afford them (or rather not willing to pay for what some of these sellers are pricing them). So next best thing => assemble guitar tube amp kits, and Allen has some of the best (if not, the best around).

I assembled the 5F1+ (I have some electronic background) and build the half bind dovetail knotless pine enclosure myself (duh, grill installation was not the best).

The Princeton on to the right, I replace the power transformer using Allen's transformer, a direct replacement even the color wires are the same.

Yeah, Allen sure has some good stuff.

Hey RR, I wouldn't have half my Fender collection if it wasn't for a local anesthesiologist that repairs and builds Fender repros as a SERIOUS hobby. He buys beat up non-working vintage Fender amps for hardly nothing and
gets them back to original specs. He can build the cab, do the tolex all circuitry and even custom tweak the tone if needed. He basically buys amps to fix them up as fun projects, and gets me involved to see how I might want the amp to look and sound when it's finished. He then sells them to me basically for what he paid for for all parts and materials needed to work on the amp. How can I beat that. I have only bought 3 of the Fenders in my collection outside of buying from him. I could have never amassed a collection like this without him. He's finishing up another modded Princeton Reverb for me. I think it's a 73' PR, and it has a Mercury Mag. Deluxe OT and it'll have a 12" Private Jack speaker. He already made a 70' PR for me with a Deluxe OT and an Emi. Gov. 12" speaker that is my main gigging amp right now. It's loud and clean and can cover any size venue.Here's a pic of my 70' he made starting with just the chassis.

100_0173.jpg

100_0174.jpg

Back