Lets see if my new c+ can do metal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ryjan said:
Dio just rolled over in his grave...to hide the boner you just gave him!
Too soon?

Yup, too soon.
I think you're exaggerating a little bit. It was just a bunch of very ordinary riffs with decent quality to test some tones. This is what I think..

May I ask how you recorded this clip? Its just that my studio preamp clips seem to be lot brighter. Its almost like your tone is missing higher ends and sounds a bit too boxy.

Spamds said:
ryjan said:
Too soon?

Yup, too soon.
I think you're exaggerating a little bit. It was just a bunch of very ordinary riffs with decent quality to test some tones. This is what I think..

What I think

Maybe its your way of comunicating , or that you keep following me around asking in a pushy way for clips so you can compare a c+ with your studio preamp, but you really sound like a f.... dick

We all know what you would say and the senario you wnat to compare them in the wont sound very different so whats the point , untop of that You need more then 3 mics ,the exact same mic placement , a perfect room to even remotly come close to a senario where you can compare the two.

Further more I did not claim to have made the perfect recording or that i am a amazing guitar player, i just played some random metal riffs through this amp to give a glimps of the sound.

So why the need to be insulting, and negativ ?

Spamds said:
May I ask how you recorded this clip? Its just that my studio preamp clips seem to be lot brighter. Its almost like your tone is missing higher ends and sounds a bit too boxy.

marshall 1960bv , shure 57 up close and a condenser 2 meters away, mixed it 30/70 with most of the sound coming from the 57.
Next time i will put the 57 closer to the cone , because thats why it lacks top end.

cremona said:
Spamds said:
ryjan said:
Too soon?

Yup, too soon.

What I think

Maybe its your way of comunicating , or that you keep following me around asking in a pushy way for clips so you can compare a c+ with your studio preamp, but you really sound like a f.... dick

We all know what you would say and the senario you wnat to compare them in the wont sound very different so whats the point , untop of that You need more then 3 mics ,the exact same mic placement , a perfect room to even remotly come close to a senario where you can compare the two.

Further more I did not claim to have made the perfect recording or that i am a amazing guitar player, i just played some random metal riffs through this amp to give a glimps of the sound.

So why the need to be insulting, and negativ ?

Following you around? Are you kidding me? This is the first time I asked . Its just that you "disappeared" for like 2 weeks and then dont even bother to reply to my thread, whether you're interested doing the comparison or not. You're the one being rude here, especially when you act totally butthurt over one comment I made. Calling me a dick you're just ASKING for flamewar.

I was pointing out earlier that you shouldnt really make fun of someone who has died recently. Especially when your clip really wasnt all that amazing, and im sure you didnt mean it to be amazing. Just to test tones, like you've said yourself. But why you gotta respond negatively yourself, like I've had called you an ******* or something.. considering that my comment was very mild.

Well first of , no i dont wanna post a comparison clip for you, because its pointless, espicially when i saw the settings you wanted me to use, and you are pushy, forgive me for not posting that in your post , so dont ask enymore .

Secondly you stated in your And justice raid clips on youtube that you have a c+ , so you should be abel to do the comparison youself :wink: .

thirdly, DIO ?????? i know he was a metal singer , but thats about all i know about him, if you interpritated my post as being related to DIO well . nothing could be further from the truth.

I dont mind negativ replays on somthing i post ,that come with doing it, and it wassnet exactly a master peice just a small taste, there is just somthing about your lack of respect that aggrivates me.

Well, I meant that other guys comment. It was kinda lame. So actually I had to downgrade your clip a little bit to prove point to this guy. Im sure you agree that your clip wasnt THAT amazing that Dio actually turns around in his grave to hide his boner. A bit disrespectful comment towards Dio.

Btw, I didnt ask you to use any particular settings. I was just giving you a link to a site where you can adjust and save your own settings. I could have said it in different way, to make my point totally clear..

Spamds said:
Well, I meant that other guys comment. It was kinda lame. So actually I had to downgrade your clip a little bit to prove point to this guy. Im sure you agree that your clip wasnt THAT amazing that Dio actually turns around in his grave to hide his boner. A bit disrespectful comment towards Dio.

Btw, I didnt ask you to use any particular settings. I was just giving you a link to a site where you can adjust and save your own settings. I could have said it in different way, to make my point totally clear..

yeah net forums have always been a great source to misunderstandings,things are easyly misunderstood and we humans arent used to comunicate without noneverbal comunication :wink: .

Enyway , i can post the settings i used for the test track i made, i can also take a pic where the mic is placed , but giv me a couple of days its do dark now and tomorrow is girlfriend day :wink:

It would be far from exact sience , but i ges thats not what your after just a tiny taste on the tone difference in a none optimal senario, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Il post the settings and the mic placment pic, in you comparison post in a couple of days.

cremona said:
Spamds said:

yeah net forums have always been a great source to misunderstandings,things are easyly misunderstood and we humans arent used to comunicate without noneverbal comunication :wink: .

Enyway , i can post the settings i used for the test track i made, i can also take a pic where the mic is placed , but giv me a couple of days its do dark now and tomorrow is girlfriend day :wink:

It would be far from exact sience , but i ges thats not what your after just a tiny taste on the tone difference in a none optimal senario, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Il post the settings and the mic placment pic, in you comparison post in a couple of days.

Okay, thanks. Btw I have two studio preamps, one is modded closer to c+ schematics . My friend happened to have studio preamp with c+ mod . So basically I didnt tell the whole truth what comes to those AJFA videos.

Hey,

I think Ryjan's comment was a revised movie quote from a funny as **** movie "The Rocker" and while yes Cremona's clip is cool, and he can play very well, and has one of the most desirable amps EVER, (IIC+ DRG long head, which makes the studio pre a stomp box in comparison, but still a great piece of equipment) the comment about Dio hiding a boner was in jest... sarcasm. And I think at the party after the funeral, people start cracking jokes about the deceased. Yes, we can appreciate and thank Dio for his achievements. I don't think it's too early to joke... but that's me.

scott

Thanks for the comment guys ; )

I was never a big fan of DIO or that genre of metal, but when the front man of Type o negativ peter steel pased away i was deeply moved ,because Type O and peter steels voice and music have gotten me through some tuff times in my life and i have been a fan for 16 years.
So i know why the need to respect , and would never do enything to step on enyones toes regarding a fallen legend.

Enyway it was just a sound taste :wink:

Im working on some new songs, the new amp has really inspired me, and I think Im starting to find myself music wise , and il for sure post a clip when its done
But imm having some tube problems at the moment so its a bit delayed , but im awaiting shipment of new sylvania bottels for the amp.

Stay tuned

cremona said:
I was never a big fan of DIO or that genre of metal

By that quote, can I ask your age? The late '80s sucked royally, but the Sabbath days of DIO and the first two solo albums kicked ***. Did I mention Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow? :roll:

Back