What album are you listening to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbone

Reaction score
What music are you currently listening to?
Why do you like it, dislike it. Give us a album and a mini review, share.

I'm currently taking Disturbed Asylum for a test drive.Power metal/hard rock, I'm a disturbed fan from there breakthrough days.This album falls in line with there earlier work. Dan Donnegan plays more lead solos in their later work which is cool. If you like there other stuff you'll likely enjoy this too. It's just another way to die.

Picked up Lamb of god sacrament also I'll check that out minyana

Dire Straits' Bros in Arms found it's way into the cd player this morning. A buddy gave me my first Lamb of God cd this weekend. I would sooner shove screwdrivers into my ears than to listen to that crap again.

c.t.d-nicke said:
Right now.. BTBAM colors.

ryjan said:
I would sooner shove screwdrivers into my ears than to listen to that crap again.
The drink or the tool?

nicke
The tool. Then I would drink a screwdriver in celebration of having never to listen to that horrible noise again. :lol:

ZZ Top's first album. I listened to Rio Grande Mud earlier today.

I've been way in ZZ Top esp Nationwide lately.

Also, not know for her guitar tone, but Alice Smith and the Great Picture Show. Man that girl has a voice.

tcvcover.png

Tried out the Lamb of God, Sacrament.I only listened to it one time through so I wont go into detail.
I thought there is some great guitar work in there. I hear they use Mark IV and now V so I was curious to hear their work.
I prefer somewhat more melodic singing personally.
Edit: I've been listening to these guys quite a bit, took a few listens to absorb the vocal but I would say it's really perfect for what they do, maybe the first band that really screams like this that I've liked. These guys are Metal they are focused and they are loud. YouTube wall of death that's these guys
It's not for the Lawrence Welk crowd.
It's mark IV metal the anti-recto

grabbed a few CDs today for work:

Tom Petty, Mojo - solid songs, great playing, and recorded really well (live in their studio).
REM, Murmur - picked up the deluxe reissue. man, i forgot how cool this record was.
Galaxy 500, This is Our Music - velvet underground-ish 90's alt band who loved the reverb. dude went on to form the band luna.

so far it's been those, and a rough mix of a song i recorded on sunday for a compilation.

well there you go!
the lou reed classic, and the bolin classic.

that works for me!

Brand X..got me there....

been diggin' Carlton and Lukather
NO SUBSTITUTIONS-killer instrumentals-would like Larry to be more prominent in the mix, but the rigs have a lot to do with it-dudes, the intro to "Breakdown" , which they play on "Dont Give it Up" swings like a ***** !!! 8)

I love Brand X!!! I may have to pull that album out.
Teaser and Rock N Roll Animal too!!!
**** you guys....good stuff! I did not expect to see any of those here.

Lately it's been Bigelf "Cheat the Gallows" and Karnivool "Sound Awake" for me.
Savoy Brown's "Looking In" and "Street Corner Talking" are getting heavy rotation also.

Album "A matter of life and death" Iron Maiden
Check out:
the longest day
For the greater good of god
The pilgrim
Lord of light
Some wicked good material

In this moment, The Dream, metal band fronted by singer Maria Brink who can scream or go pop, some good stuff on here, I like this band, kinda wanting the musicians to bust out a little more throw some melody lines and grab some real-estate I think they need that to balance out Maria Brinks great vocals. A Pat Benatar for 2010

Mastodon, Crack the sky, progressive metal hard to pin down I don't think they really sound like anyone so kudos for them.... Wait! maybe a little "Days of the new" vibe in there.... Which in my book is a good thing. Oblivion is a really strong track, random acts of brilliance, managed to get my first speeding ticket in 15 years listening to these guys. there's allways alot going on. There is nothing canned about these guys

Tyr, By the light of the Northern Star,Faroe Islands viking metal,I stumbled onto "Land" at my public library and got my first taste of Viking metal, decided to look for more from the Faroe island boys. Good harmonies, choruses. Still diving in.
I kinda of prefer when they sing in there native tongue, it just sounds cool, they go back and forth.

Back