Mod Kits for Mesa Amps????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's something you could do if a MKIV was sent to you?
I don't have a MKIV right now but thinking about it.

I don't see why not.
The only thing is that the clean channel's mids will be more present and you will have to make sure you don't turn them as high as you normally do unless you want the extra gain.
The reason for this is that the only concentric pots I can find are 25k/25k, 250k/250k, and 500k/500k. This means that the 10 k pot that the amp had before will now be a 25k, and this means that there will be tons more mids available if you turn it up.

Monsta-Tone said:
Just a poll:
How many of you guys would want to see mod kits for your Mesa amp?
I know that shipping is a mother and there are lots of DIY guys here.

What kits would you want to see???

Thanks for asking.
I'm sure i'm not the only Stiletto Ace owner who would like to re-voice the gain channel for less brittle fizz, more chunk.

I can definitely do the Stilleto mod, but it's not something that I can put in a kit just yet.
I think you're the guy who emailed me, but if not, let me know if you're interested in sending it in.

I am starting to ship out mod kits for the following amps:
DC series:
More gain
EQ footswitch on the front of the amp with the Channel - you have to find a DC (series B) footswitch for now
Better Reverb for version A
Bias Pot
Negative Feedback - 2 position switch or variable pot

Heartbreaker:
Better Reverb
Bias Pot

Blue Angel:
Fender style input jacks
More Gain
Fender style Bright

I'll have more to come, but some of them will be pretty dificult, so I'm not sure how far I want to go with this.

yessir, that was me, i will contact you this evening.
Thanks

Monsta-Tone said:
I can definitely do the Stilleto mod, but it's not something that I can put in a kit just yet.
I think you're the guy who emailed me, but if not, let me know if you're interested in sending it in.

Any better reverb kit for a dc10? I also might like a foot-switch able clean pull boost so long as the volumes could be matched better. A re-filter-cap kit might be nice.

Merry Xmass to me. I just purchased a Studio Calibre which was a closet hideaway for over twenty four years. Never used with an amp cover on it too. I got it as perfect as it could get for that year at the price of just $400-USD. On one or two of the pots it is a bit scratchy with condensation termoil but contact cleaner will take care of that.

By the way, this is my first post. I have always wanted a Mesa Boogie but could not afford one raising a family. I waited for over thirty two years. The three girls are out of the university now and settled. It was time. Goodby off brand solid state amp forever.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do have a mod question or two. Can someone forward me the info on how to do a Reverb pot mod, Bias mod, and a Triode/Pentode switch mod for the Calibre Studio? Especially the Triode/Pentode switch mod if available. If it cannot be done than let me know that too....Thanks so much.

I've always wanted to try KT88s in my mark 3, could you do a bias kit with the parts that'll let me safely do this?

.50 Cal+ mods...
An actual separate volume knob for the Clean channel and the Lead channel.
And just for shits and grins more gain from the lead channel...

Nice idea!
Studio .22 (1st gen) Drive level mod.
Mesa's lead tech refused to help me decipher the mod.
All I asked was to acquire a detailed description of the mod they performed for a few people and the tech said I had to send it in.
I am a former Bench tech for a local shop that we performed mods, etc, but they still declined.
I was kind of surprised.

Also, is there a "Fat" mod for the Triaxis that can be done DIY?
I have a Tri wit the TX4 board, I'mm selling it, but the buyer is interested in the Fat mod.

Thoughts?

If you look at the schematics for the Studio 22 and 22+ (available on the schematic heaven site) you can see by the differences how they added the Lead Level pot.

:D I'm working on it.....

I just got our crates last week, and am looking for a place to set up shop.
I think that I will be concentrating heavily on mod kits since Hawaii is freakishly expensive to ship to.

On the other hand! :lol: If anyone is heading to Maui for vacation and wants some work done, just bring the amp as luggage! :lol: I packed my clothes in my amp the 1st time I moved out here! :lol:

Bump. what about some kits for the most classic mods. like a kit to convert yor studio pre to iic+ and Caliber studio .22+ and .50+ mods

I know it's been a long time, but.......

Heartbreaker kits will be available by the end of the month!
The 1st kits may have bugs in them, so I'll be offering a "Beta" price for the 1st 5 or so!

DC-3 kits will be available by the end of September as well!!!!!!!

HB kits:
Better Reverb
Better Cleans
Better OD on Love Channel
JCM-800 mod for Lust Channel
Super High Gain mod for Lust Channel
5-way mid boost for either channel
5-way mid boost for either channel - footswitchable

DC-3 kits
Series Loop mod w/new jacks and pictures
A to B conversion for Clean Channel - later breakup, cleaner tone
2 button footswitch conversion (Channel & EQ on front) for A version
B to A conversion for Clean Channel - breaks up earlier for bluesy or gritty cleans
More gain for Lead Channel
Less gain for Lead Channel
Better Reverb
Super high gain for Lead Channel (pretty complex)
Better overall tone mod for both channels (fairly complex)
Probably more to come.......

Most of the kits will be as easy as possible. Some are going to be fairly complex though due to the nature of the amp's circuit board layout.
I will try to offer as much technical support as I can, but will not be able to walk anyone through it step by step.
All parts in the kits will be tested prior to shipping.

Latest posts

Back