Updated: ProNet Pricing as of January 2011

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paintballnsk said:
I think it's geared more towards not charging people more for the amp, not less. Obviously if a dealer wants to sell it for less, he can.

Am I wrong?

Yeah, you're wrong.

I worked for a dealer that would ONLY budge on prices if the amp had been discontinued. For example, we let a Maverick go for less than the old pro net for it.

By the way, dealers don't make s#$% off of Boogie for anyone who doesn't know. Its mostly a pride thing.

Jazz, most excellent quality dude! :D That is so much better than the old one that I've been straining my eyes to see for like the longest time. Man, just click on the "full size" in the upper left corner for a perfect document.

plan-x said:
Jazz, most excellent quality dude! :D That is so much better than the old one that I've been straining my eyes to see for like the longest time. Man, just click on the "full size" in the upper left corner for a perfect document.

Thanks...I used a high-end commercial grade scanner at work for these.

paintballnsk said:
I think it's geared more towards not charging people more for the amp, not less. Obviously if a dealer wants to sell it for less, he can.

Am I wrong?
It also protects the smaller dealers. Everyone sells at the same price regardless of their volume discount. It prevents someone like MF from advertising/selling the stuff at the same prices the smaller shops pay for it.

enuenu said:
I feel sick.
Triple Recto in Oz = AUD$5200
AUD$1.00 = USD$0.94
Now you know why I just lost my cookies.

You're not wrong. Nobody buys Mesa's in Australia - they are just ridiculously overpriced. It's an amp, not a car!

It's funny when you hear stories of Mesa authorised repairers saying they don't do 110-230V conversions - do they really think that will make people go out and buy an amp that costs more than their car? Even with freight, you can buy a Mesa much cheaper from the states - and have more than enough left over to do the conversion. Or if you don't care, just buy a step-down transformer. I can confidently say I will never buy a Mesa here. Even the second hand Aussie models are overpriced because the 1st owner wants to recoup the ridiculous purchase price. I bought my Triaxis on eBay for $850AU, want to know the retail price for a Triaxis in Australia? $5,000! That's right - about $4,500US! How many would you sell in the US at that price?

I don't know how much the dealers make but if your endorsed by mesa you can get a new mark V for $800. I have seen dealers budge on prices before not enough for me to buy a new one but usually a few hundred dollars off of a 1-2K amp. Or the at least offer to cover sales tax. For me I just buy used I don't need to have new I need it to work and with Mesa I never really worried about that even when they are used. Although relatively new to Mesa amps within the last year only (dc10 mkiv ) they are much superior in quality than anything else I have owned. I don't understand how people are selling used MKV for 1800 though I'm sure I could get a dealer to go to that price no problem.

kartoffel said:
I don't know how much the dealers make but if your endorsed by mesa you can get a new mark V for $800. I have seen dealers budge on prices before not enough for me to buy a new one but usually a few hundred dollars off of a 1-2K amp. Or the at least offer to cover sales tax. For me I just buy used I don't need to have new I need it to work and with Mesa I never really worried about that even when they are used. Although relatively new to Mesa amps within the last year only (dc10 mkiv ) they are much superior in quality than anything else I have owned. I don't understand how people are selling used MKV for 1800 though I'm sure I could get a dealer to go to that price no problem.

Not very likely, Mesa strictly enforces the standard pricing...and dealers will lose their licenses if they discount w/o Mesa's approval.

In Canada, these types of low margin items tend to fluctuate in response to changes in the US/CDN dollar, and, this is closely related to gas prices. The US is the largest importer of Canadian fuel. When the price or demand of fuel goes up, the CDN dollar gains against the US dollar.

High volume MB dealers will cut deals based on the strength of the dollar, if they get the amp for $100 cheaper, they will often pass this down to the purchaser, if you are savvy enough to ask for it.

This tends to make me think the pro-net pricing is tightly tied into the wholesale price of these amps. If there were large margins on these amps, you would see the pricing at the retail level reflect that fact regardless of the agreements made with the manufacturer. Mesa Boogie could never drop a company like Long and McQuade as a dealer, they represent a large number of units every year.

I don't really have a problem with a company that does this, as long as it's to sustain the production of a quality piece of equipment like a boogie.

M

pokerrules47 said:
In Canada, these types of low margin items tend to fluctuate in response to changes in the US/CDN dollar, and, this is closely related to gas prices. The US is the largest importer of Canadian fuel. When the price or demand of fuel goes up, the CDN dollar gains against the US dollar.

High volume MB dealers will cut deals based on the strength of the dollar, if they get the amp for $100 cheaper, they will often pass this down to the purchaser, if you are savvy enough to ask for it.

This tends to make me think the pro-net pricing is tightly tied into the wholesale price of these amps. If there were large margins on these amps, you would see the pricing at the retail level reflect that fact regardless of the agreements made with the manufacturer. Mesa Boogie could never drop a company like Long and McQuade as a dealer, they represent a large number of units every year.

I don't really have a problem with a company that does this, as long as it's to sustain the production of a quality piece of equipment like a boogie.

M

Ah, didn't realize we were talking about prices outside CONUS.

JAZZGEAR said:
pokerrules47 said:

M

Ah, didn't realize we were talking about prices outside CONUS.
Yep... it's pretty damned important to many of us! :mrgreen:

I believe mesa only has two tiers of artists, the first of course are the big acts that get them for free. The second Tier I believe is what every other endorsed member gets, which around 40% off list price, one of my friends is endorsed by mesa and that is what he pays.

It is possible there is one more tier that would get a Mark V for $800, but if there is then only a minimal amount of mesa artists fall into that tier.

I know people that work at a mesa authorized store also get the 30% to 40% off, however they can only buy one a year, where the artists can buy as many as they want.

The nice thing about either being an endorsed artist or working at a store and getting this discount is, you also get the life time warrenty.

kartoffel said:

davidp158 said:
Hey y'all - I new to this board, doing some research, so forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

I'm curious if there are any dealers that offer Mesa Boogie amps below full retail. There are 4 Guitar Center stores in my area (Seattle), but only a few carry Mesa amps in stock and seem intent on selling at full retail price. Given our high sales tax, buying from an out of state dealer would be slightly less expensive, even at full retail price and shipping cost.
Hi Dave,

Go on a road trip to Oregon and find a nice music store (Apple Music Row in Portland comes to mind). I'm not sure if they will bargin with you but you'll pay zero sales tax.

Latest posts

Back