Mesa 1X12 Thiele or a 1X12 3/4 Back Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobralust

Reaction score
Which do you guys think would work better with a 5:25 1X12 combo. I kinda think the V30 would work well with the C90.

I have the 5:25 1x12 and paired it with another V30, except with a closed back, and it sounds amazing. This is slightly different situation compared to yours since you have the 1x10, but I can positively tell you that a V30 cab sounds great with that amp. I went with Port City, but there are many great cabs. Hope this helps.

My apologies then. Nonetheless, the V30 sounds good in a speaker cab with the 5:25. It changed the way I play with that amp.

Never tried a 3/4 back cab. But I have tried an express combo paired with a thiele and the sound was awesome on both the clean and the dirty. The cab I use now is a Boogafunk loaded with a Jensen C12K. I always have to mention this guy because it's a great Thiele (imo) with a lot of custom options for much cheaper than a Boogie. Not to mention the awesome customer service I got from him.

EtherealWidow said:
The cab I use now is a Boogafunk loaded with a Jensen C12K.

Hey I have been wondering for a while why you went with the C12K, Iv'e have never heard one in person, but it just doesn't seem like a normal choice for the music you play (Based on the Youtube clip you posted). what is the general character if this speaker ?

I've got a 1x12 (wide body) 3/4 cab and like it a lot. It sounds great paired with my 5:50.

I've got a 1x12 (wide body) 3/4 cab and like it a lot. It sounds great paired with my 5:50.

J.J said:
EtherealWidow said:
The cab I use now is a Boogafunk loaded with a Jensen C12K.

Hey I have been wondering for a while why you went with the C12K, Iv'e have never heard one in person, but it just doesn't seem like a normal choice for the music you play (Based on the Youtube clip you posted). what is the general character if this speaker ?
The speaker is actually pretty dark. What turned me on to the Expresses in the first place was when I played it through a Mesa Thiele with the Celestion. It was really dark, but smooth. VERY smooth. Not to mention pretty articulate. I hate the sound of V30's. Way too harsh for my taste. The Jensen C12K is pretty dark too and I prefer it to the Celestion, which in retrospect was pretty muffled at times. I really like it though. Come to think of it, I need to try out a lot of the amps I dubbed as "not my sound" because I played them through V30's.

Back