Triaxis questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm considering selling my DR for a triaxis shortly since I cant change channel with the G major.

1-Now I can have a triaxis for pretty cheap but what power amp do you guys recommend?
2-I have a behringer FCB1010 set up with the major. Can I change channel with and preset with this footswitch for the triaxis (button 1 is clean and chorus, button 2 is lead and delay)

Let me know what I could do

So far my rack:

Furman PQ6
Furman PL Plus serie II
ISP Decimator ProRackG
TC G major
Behringer BTR2000

Any foot controller that sends midi will switch the triaxis. The Mesa 290-Simul power amp was designed to use with the triaxis.

My PodXt switches Triaxis.
My Peavey Classic 50/50 Poweramp suits very well with the Triaxis.

I have 2 Triaxis'. I am looking to sell one for a Dual Rec. Are you interested in a trade?
Dave

not yet....I need to know if I can switch channel on the triaxis with the tc G major!

with a triaxis its the other way around the triaxis will send the patch change for u gmajor. but btw yes u can change channel on a rectifier from a Gmajor I've been doing it for years (first with a gmajor and now with a gmajor 2). if u need help how set it up I can help altought I still think the triaxis is a better choice then the rec. I just bought a triaxis to replace my triple rec like 2 weeks ago and Im blown away with all the possibilities.

ljbarbeau said:
with a triaxis its the other way around the triaxis will send the patch change for u gmajor. but btw yes u can change channel on a rectifier from a Gmajor I've been doing it for years (first with a gmajor and now with a gmajor 2). if u need help how set it up I can help altought I still think the triaxis is a better choice then the rec. I just bought a triaxis to replace my triple rec like 2 weeks ago and Im blown away with all the possibilities.

Triaxis will only pass on the same MIDI number as it is currently using. ie. it will not map a different number to the G Major than the number on the Triaxis.

However, you can map within the G major -> that means you can map the incoming MIDI number to any preset number within the G major. Say you have MIDI number 18 on your Triaxis, the Triaxis will send this same number to the G Major, but you can use MIDI mapping to get the incoming 18 to recall preset 34, or whatever number you want.

good!

I now know that I can use the the FCB1010 and if I get a triaxis I wont have another amplifier footswitch!

What would be the best amplifier to run with the triaxis?

another way would be to set triaxis to listen for midi on chanel 1 and gmajor to listen on channel 2 and send different patch change from the midi controller. (thats how I do it) dunno if fcb supports multiple patch change signals tho but my GCP does.

for the power amp when I bought mine there was no doubt in my mind 2:90 is the only way to go. it was made to power the triaxis.

for the rec channel switching question... U need to get a y cable 1 end stereo other 2 ends mono. plug stereo jack in relays output behind gmajor. plug 2 other ends behing rectifier in channel 1 and channel 3 switching input. unplug mesa pedal switch. set channel knob to channel 2. now when relay 1 or relay 2 is activated will trigger either channel 1 or 3. when none activated channel 2 is ON. u can also set cc to ur fcb to control relays that way u can select channel live without changing preset.

The Triaxis is a fairly complicated piece of gear and it sounds like you don't have a firm grasp of the basic fundamentals of MIDI yet. You would be able to answer all of your own questions by going on wiki or google and learning about how to use MIDI and about the components involved. Not talking down to you or anything, just want you to understand how this works so you can enjoy a MIDI setup.

as for poweramps i woudl look at either the

mesa 290 or the mesa 20/20

Great choice, I'm still in love with my TriAxis every second of it running. And though the argument, "the 2:90 is made the function with the TriAxis", doesn't say anything about tonal qualities, the 2:90 IS the best choice and will sound incredible!
And go use a 8ms stereo delay, Lead 2 Yellow, Deep/modern with the TriAxis/2:90 and seriously.... Breath-taking...

[fanboy mode=off]

Malin said:
Hi guys,

I'm considering selling my DR for a triaxis shortly since I cant change channel with the G major.

1-Now I can have a triaxis for pretty cheap but what power amp do you guys recommend?
2-I have a behringer FCB1010 set up with the major. Can I change channel with and preset with this footswitch for the triaxis (button 1 is clean and chorus, button 2 is lead and delay)

Let me know what I could do

So far my rack:

Furman PQ6
Furman PL Plus serie II
ISP Decimator ProRackG
TC G major
Behringer BTR2000

Hmm, the G-Major can switch up to 4 channels of a head or combo type amp, it can switch your DR channel, Fx-Loop in/out etc ... see: http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-majorfeatures.asp

Speaking of Triaxis questions...

For those that do bluesy stuff with your Triaxis, do you find 12AX7s are ok? Or did you need do put in a less gainy tube?

talltxguy said:
Speaking of Triaxis questions...

For those that do bluesy stuff with your Triaxis, do you find 12AX7s are ok? Or did you need do put in a less gainy tube?

I find them quite OK.

The Triaxis is one of the only amps/preamps I've used that go from super sparkly clean to utter filth and everything in between, including a just at break up clean and outright blues tone.

For an even better blues tone I find it good to get some overdrive from the power amp, for instance run the 2:90 at half-power, or pull half the tubes out of the Dual Recto (yes it does a great blues tone that way) - but even with out that added trouble the Triaxis nails blues with ease.

Screamindv said:
I have 2 Triaxis'. I am looking to sell one for a Dual Rec. Are you interested in a trade?
Dave

which version Triaxis are you contemplating selling Dave? I may be interested.

Back